PDA

View Full Version : Will Rupes released Duetto MKII?

mwoywod
05-24-2017, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, I've been wanting to buy the duetto for the past few months because even though I love my Rupes 15 MKII and use it often, I still find myself occasionally grabbing my GG6 for working on some vertical panels and around trim because it's light and easy to maneuver.

Do those of you that have used the duetto feel it's a worthy investment? I only like machines that have a free spinning spindle assembly, so I will be adding the washer modification. Is anyone with a modded duetto having issues maintaining pad rotation? Do you guys think Rupes will announce a MKII version this year? Any opinions on the tool would be greatly appreciated!

custmsprty
05-24-2017, 12:38 PM
I have a Duetto now for over 2 years, no mod, don't find it necessary. Love the machine and always start with it first.

Whitewater25
05-24-2017, 06:24 PM
I asked the same question about the Duetto & the Mini last year and was told no plans in the works for a MKll of either one. I ended up getting the Mini anyway and it's a strong tool.

custmsprty
05-24-2017, 06:33 PM
I asked the same question about the Duetto & the Mini last year and was told no plans in the works for a MKll of either one. I ended up getting the Mini anyway and it's a strong tool.

Yup :iagree:

I have both the Duetto and Mini and Gen 1 15" I always reach for my Duetto first. If I need more power I'll go with either my 15 of my G21.

mwoywod
05-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Yup :iagree:

I have both the Duetto and Mini and Gen 1 15" I always reach for my Duetto first. If I need more power I'll go with either my 15 of my G21.

Out of curiosity, does your duetto have the washer mod?

custmsprty
05-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Out of curiosity, does your duetto have the washer mod?

see post #2

dlc95
05-24-2017, 09:12 PM
I have a Duetto now for over 2 years, no mod, don't find it necessary. Love the machine and always start with it first.

The Duetto/Mini has me selling of some of my Porter Cables. The more I use the system, the better I get with it. The easier it is to use, and the more time I save.

dlc95
05-24-2017, 09:15 PM
I also don't let a washer near that thing.

custmsprty
05-24-2017, 09:16 PM
I also don't let a washer near that thing.

:iagree: