PDA

View Full Version : Ibrid nano issues

Pages : [1] 2

fdfretes
05-24-2017, 10:14 AM
I recently purchased an ibrid nano brand new off Amazon and had it sent to me in South America - when I charged the batteries I will put them in and I get the flashing red light as if it were a dead battery and get the same issue when plugging it straight into the wall. Do you have any idea what the issue could be or if there is something I can reset, could you let me know how I can do that ?

I am currently in Paraguay, South America and there are no rupes tech centers here or anywhere near and shipping it back to the US, and return it here would cost over $300 just in shipping.

I realize in the manual that it states somewhere that if someone applied too much pressure or did several stop/starts that this light could be flashing in that manner...makes me think that someone tested this out improperly before shipping it...

DZ302
05-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Does it work correctly minus the flashing red light issue ?

fdfretes
05-24-2017, 11:19 AM
It does not. It starts to spin for a fraction of a second while the green light is on, and then a blinking red light starts flashing...I will upload a video in a second.

fdfretes
05-24-2017, 11:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnDfIpy_xwM

Justin at Final Inspection
05-24-2017, 11:37 AM
Trying turning it on and wiggling the battery. If it turns on then the power supply connection inside is loose. Just had to send mine in under warranty for this issue. I would be in the middle of polishing and it would shut off. If I wiggles the battery it would work again.

Rupes sent me a new one under warranty.

DZ302
05-24-2017, 12:19 PM
Same issue here...it's got a poor connection for sure...

fdfretes
05-24-2017, 12:22 PM
Tried wiggling the battery and the power supply, neither made a difference. The main reason I am avoiding having to send it in is because shipping both ways would end up costing over $300, in addition to the $150 i've already spent getting this down to South America - honestly with all the awesome things i've heard about the rupes machines I went for it expecting for the experience to be flawless and now I am really starting to regret it.

fdfretes
05-24-2017, 12:48 PM
I've emailed them this morning, left the appropriate review on amazon, contacted the seller there, and am now awaiting for replies from people.

DZ302
05-24-2017, 12:52 PM
Did you purchase it from an authorized RUPES dealer ?

fdfretes
05-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Honestly I have no idea if they are authorized or not. It's these guys but on amazon:

Steel Image Car, Truck and Boat Care Products RUPES - Detailing Tools : Car Wash Supplies Professional (http://www.steelimagecarwashsupplies.com/detailing-tools/rupes.html)

https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A2YJIWOUOU7F98&merchant=A2YJIWOUOU7F98&redirect=true

Justin at Final Inspection
05-24-2017, 06:28 PM
I didn't have to pay anything to ship mine back to Rupes USA. I called and spoke with them on the phone. They emailed me a shipping label to send it back no charge.

fdfretes
05-24-2017, 07:17 PM
The issue here is that it would have to be a shipping label all the way from South America - I got an email back from customer support saying that they were forwarding the email to another person to take care of it...hopefully that will come through tomorrow...if they agree to take care of shipping that would be fantastic...

fdfretes
05-26-2017, 05:37 AM
So far, nothing definitive from the people at RUPES...sigh...

DZ302
05-26-2017, 06:04 AM
Rupes will stand behind their products if purchased from an Authorized seller. Buying through Amazon is always a huge chance. Allot of defective products get sold with little to no resource to get satisfaction if you have a problem after the sale. I'm going to have a look at who you bought it from and see if I can help in some way..

fdfretes
05-26-2017, 06:08 AM
As per amazon's guidelines I can return it and get a refund, or get it replaced - what I am trying to do is not spend $450 on shipping by the time all of this is over...I don't know if this is normal or not but I really expected things to be a little smoother when buying what I thought would be a top of the line polisher...