PDA

View Full Version : mr.pink vs honeydew

Pages : [1] 2

wantboost
05-24-2017, 12:37 AM
how do they compare

VISITOR
05-24-2017, 02:13 AM
what is it that you are looking for in a car wash?

Salmonbum
05-24-2017, 05:38 AM
I have had both. I kinda prefer the honeydew for the foam cannon

Dtcjem
05-24-2017, 05:53 AM
I have both and also prefer Honeydew for the foam cannon. Otherwise I don't see a huge difference out of the cannon.

PouncingPanzer
05-24-2017, 06:01 AM
I have used both, I prefer Honeydew for foam cannon and the bucket. Both have the same gloss enhancers in them.

kevincwelch
05-24-2017, 07:00 AM
Haven't used Honeydew in a long time -- only had 16 oz. I have a gallon of Mr Pink. I use it in the bucket and in the foam cannon. Lots of foam. I feel, however, that Mr Pink leaves something on the paint. There's a clear immediate change in the water sheeting/beading behavior that goes away after drying. Not sure what is being left on the paint. Doesn't seem to affect the beading during the week or sheeting between washes. I'm going to do a few DP Xtreme Foam washes (still have about 32 oz left of my gallon) and see if it leaves something temporarily behind.

PouncingPanzer
05-24-2017, 07:40 AM
I feel, however, that Mr Pink leaves something on the paint. There's a clear immediate change in the water sheeting/beading behavior that goes away after drying.

It does, CGs famous gloss enhancers. They may hurt/kill hydrophobicity properties. You can find multiple cases of people with ceramic coatings who lose/notice a change in their beading after washing with Mr. Pink, Meg's Gold Class, Honeydew, just to name a few. If you go to CGs website and go to the full product descriptions, you can see what shampoos have them, and which ones don't. I recently got my hands on CG Wonder Wash as it claims to have no additives that stay behind. Seems to be a true statement as it did not hurt my coatings beading properties whatsoever.

I prefer Meg's Hyperwash and or CarPro Reset on coated vehicles. For the price, I always suggest Hyperwash. Blows CG soaps out of the water I feel and cost significantly less. Just doesn't smell like a fruit basket.

idriveblackcars
05-24-2017, 07:48 AM
Honey dew foams better but if I had a coating I wouldn't use either. They play nice with waxes and sealants especially WG or Jetseal.

CG just came out with a shampoo for coatings. Just released this season.

PouncingPanzer
05-24-2017, 08:38 AM
CG just came out with a shampoo for coatings. Just released this season.

Yes, the Revitalize shampoo or something like that. I am leary and waiting for someone else to guinea-pig for me haha. It is for their coating system I believe and they have a carbon based coating, no? Those are different then silica based ones, right? Also, when I go to the product description it says it has gloss enhancers in it...

idriveblackcars
05-24-2017, 08:46 AM
Yes, the Revitalize shampoo or something like that. I am leary and waiting for someone else to guinea-pig for me haha. It is for their coating system I believe and they have a carbon based coating, no? Those are different then silica based ones, right? Also, when I go to the product description it says it has gloss enhancers in it...

Yes correct it's for Carbon Flex. I believe it contains some of the same chemicals in the coating. Their soaps are not bad at all, I just wouldn't use them to maintain a coating.

Audios S6
05-24-2017, 08:48 AM

CG's coating definitely has marketing in it, which is much different than SiO2. I can't speak to the rest of its ingredients.

PouncingPanzer
05-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Their soaps are not bad at all, I just wouldn't use them to maintain a coating.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with any of their soaps so as long as the vehicle doesn't have a coating on it. The additives, as you mentioned, play well with waxes and sealants. Probably help them actually.

At the shop we wash all coated cars with Reset, just to be safe.

wantboost
05-24-2017, 09:33 AM
what is it that you are looking for in a car wash?

I prefer something that foams and has a gloss . But I don't want to loose the beading?!and maintain a coating

LaFawnduh
05-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Honestly, if you really want cleaning abilities without leaving anything behind, go with CG Citrus Wash and Clear (NOT GLOSS). That is a pure soap that you can dilute at different ratios to up or decrease the strength depending on how dirty the vehicle is.

Eldorado2k
05-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Honestly, if you really want cleaning abilities without leaving anything behind, go with CG Citrus Wash and Clear (NOT GLOSS). That is a pure soap that you can dilute at different ratios to up or decrease the strength depending on how dirty the vehicle is.

That's pretty good job security for them... "Here try this soap, most times if your car's not too dirty you just need 1oz. per bucket"

2 months later the dudes car's all swirled up, and then they've got some compound & polish to sell him. Lol.
And don't forget you'll need a polisher, pads, pad cleaner, towels, brush, light, sealant, wax to top it with if you Really want it to "glow"... $1,500 later he's finally dialed in.