PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Ibrid nano

Rsurfer
05-23-2017, 08:29 PM
Which do you prefer, long or short neck?

Cruzscarwash
05-23-2017, 08:44 PM
I don't have one...yet, but I think I'm gonna go long neck just in case I ever need it I'll have it, if you get the short neck and need the long neck you are SOL but the long neck can reach anywhere the short neck can

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
05-23-2017, 08:56 PM
I don't have one...yet, but I think I'm gonna go long neck just in case I ever need it I'll have it, if you get the short neck and need the long neck you are SOL but the long neck can reach anywhere the short neck can

Not necessarily so, someone posted that they wished they got the short neck because the long neck would not get into some areas because the neck was to long. Just wondering if I would encounter the same problem. Plus they felt that the short neck was more stable. Dunno.

GSKR
05-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Long.

Cruzscarwash
05-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Not necessarily so, someone posted that they wished they got the short neck because the long neck would not get into some areas because the neck was to long. Just wondering if I would encounter the same problem. Plus they felt that the short neck was more stable. Dunno.
I guess I can't think of a vent or Louvre that the long neck wouldn't fit in and u could o my use a short

rlmccarty2000
05-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Short. I have both and the short is easier to use on interior pieces. And it costs less!

Rsurfer
05-25-2017, 01:31 PM
Short. I have both and the short is easier to use on interior pieces. And it costs less!

Thanks, that made up my mind.

Justin at Final Inspection
05-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Short neck here with no issues

Marc08EX
05-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Short for me. I had to put effort in making sure the pad is flat so that the pad would keep rotating with the DA function. I would imagine this will be slightly harder with the long neck.

Rsurfer
05-25-2017, 03:52 PM
Short for me. I had to put effort in making sure the pad is flat so that the pad would keep rotating with the DA function. I would imagine this will be slightly harder with the long neck.

Thanks for the PM and link.

Rsurfer
05-25-2017, 04:16 PM
Here's the in depth review by Marc for those like me that missed it: https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/103371-review-rupes-bigfoot-nano-ibrid-polisher.html

DARK HORSE
05-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Ron, I have access to both and have not found anywhere the long neck can go, that the short neck can't also go. I think Marc hit the nail on the head with his assessment of the limiting factor being "the distance from the face of the pad to the top of the head". You can't go wrong with either!

The Guz
05-25-2017, 04:53 PM

I have not had any issues recently with this. I did at first. But I think I just figured out how to use the tool over time. I do use the rotary option more than the DA mode.

Ron, I have access to both and have not found anywhere the long neck can go, that the short neck can't also go. I think Marc hit the nail on the head with his assessment of the limiting factor being "the distance from the face of the pad to the top of the head". You can't go wrong with either!

Very true. Either option would seem fine.

I may pick up the short neck as soon as Rupes starts selling them stand alone later on this year.