PDA

View Full Version : Quick wash set up

Cruzscarwash
05-23-2017, 11:00 AM
So while I was doing some details this weekend my partner and I were asked about 6 times if we had time to do basic/quick washes for them. We didn't as we were doing corrections but it got me thinking. What if I did offer a quick wash, I'm thinking spray with hydrofoam and mitt wash and woolies​ the wheels, rinse and move on. Charge like $20 bucks, very basic. But I think it will create a relationship with the client

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Frank70
05-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Cruz - you should charge $30-$35.

Cruzscarwash
05-23-2017, 01:11 PM
I could swing that, more just trying to see if hydrofoam would be a good option as it's quick and these customers just want a better then tunnel wash experience and done in a quick time. I could play around with prices. Just trying to get it all out and see what input you amazing members have to add

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

JustJesus
05-23-2017, 01:40 PM
I wonder if those people asking are the kind that value their time more than the finish of their car. You know which ones? They rather just have a clean car in 10 minutes, versus having a quality wash done. They don't know "swirls from squirrels" as Mike would say.

Cruzscarwash
05-23-2017, 01:54 PM
It's exactly those people, but many times there also the ones that want to treat themselves around tax time or things like that or are known for having a "clean" car.

WillSports3
05-23-2017, 03:30 PM
A suggestion would be to power wash the car and then onr or rinseless wash it. No point in lsp since they just want a quick thing. Or keep a good spray wax and apply it as you dry. For the wheels, power wash and then wash with either apc or a fall out dissolving wheel cleaner, make it as quick as you can and charge accordingly.

Cruzscarwash
05-23-2017, 03:32 PM
A suggestion would be to power wash the car and then onr or rinseless wash it. No point in lsp since they just want a quick thing. Or keep a good spray wax and apply it as you dry. For the wheels, power wash and then wash with either apc or a fall out dissolving wheel cleaner, make it as quick as you can and charge accordingly.
I considered this route but I think the hydrofoam way would be the fastest and best results for the time and money

TMQ
05-23-2017, 05:09 PM
You might be on to something. From where I stand---most people just want a wash.
Highest protection at lowest cost!
A stop and run too...

I say give it a shot.

Tom

Cruzscarwash
05-23-2017, 05:26 PM
I'm considering it, rinseless is a good idea but I loose speed, and the Xtra gloss from hydrofoam I think would be the one up for many

TMQ
05-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Read the directions re using hydrofoam. I am not sure just how that works---if you read the directions over at the store, kind of confusing.

Thought it was poorly written. Just how does a person go about using hydrofoam?

Tom

Cruzscarwash
05-23-2017, 05:43 PM
I've literally just been foaming the car, wiping it down but obviously I switch mitts or I rinse the mitt before I go to the next panel and then spray it off then dry

JustJesus
05-24-2017, 04:23 PM
You could even do the rinseless with wax, like ONRWW or whatever it is. Or one of the other brands that leave protection.

Scottie Brown
05-24-2017, 11:26 PM
You could even do the rinseless with wax, like ONRWW or whatever it is. Or one of the other brands that leave protection.

That's what I do for my washes but I find it is a bit too slow getting the car completely clean for what Cruz has mentioned there. Do you guys know of a good, inexpensive pre-wash that could be used in conjunction with ONR? That would be a super quick way to wash a car with a bit of added protection.

KirkH
05-25-2017, 01:16 AM
I went thru a "quick wash" detailer in Orlando with a rental car when I was down for MobileTech. He did mitt wash for $12 and wheels were an additional $3. He dried with a water blade and finished with a towel.

I have considered setting up my mobile setup on a lot on a busy corner, like the Orlando guy did. If I were doing quick washes I would want to rinse with deionized water and not do any drying. I think I could do a pretty quick rinseless if limited water were an issue.

mattg43
05-25-2017, 11:53 PM
I dont think many would want to pay $25+ for waterless, and if I did shell out the cash for a "car wash" and saw you walk up with a bucket of solution, pull out a towel, and start wiping the car down with what looks like water, then towel drying - I would be pissed. Not if you were my detailer and I knew what you were doing, but to an average "can you wash my car real quick" as you are using machines to polish, that looks pretty bad... But keep in mind I live in an area of $5-15 car washes with "under carriage spray, wheel cleaner, pre-soak foam, wash, spotless rinse, wax, and air dry" and more steps, or $25 "full service" washes.

If you have the stuff to do it, give them the experience - get a cheap soap like Mr. Pink or something, do a high concentrate and foam the whole car (they can take instagram/FB photos and tag your page for free advertising too), and let it sit for 2 min, then do your wash bucket and rinse. Wheel scrub + dry with spray wax for $5 more. Could that be 10 - 15 minutes on a quickie for you, and worth the $20-30 to them (whatever makes sense in your area) because soap making their car disappear = worth it.