PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Glide question

boostedmoose003
05-23-2017, 10:21 AM
I'm in the middle of polishing my car and applying a coating. It is going to take me a few days to get it polished and prepped for the coating. Now my garage gets a little dusty and some will get on the car as is sits overnight, etc. Can Glide be used at the QD dilution to wipe the dust off the panels when I'm done polishing and before I give it the prep wipedown? I don't have anything else in my arsenal that is a QD that doesn't contain waxes, etc. It looks like the nanoskin glide doesn't contain any fillers, wax, etc. So I just want to make sure that it would be ok to use.

idriveblackcars
05-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Yes if that's all you have follow the dilution ratio on the bottle for a QD. Should be good to go to get the dust particles off.

2wookies
05-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Why not just eraser prior to applying the coating?

idriveblackcars
05-23-2017, 01:54 PM

I think he's just going with what's on hand. Although you could easily make up a quick bottle of IPA with some alcohol and distilled water I suppose. Those are easy to get at the local store. If the car is too dusty there could be a chance of marring.

boostedmoose003
05-23-2017, 03:12 PM

I have eraser and gyeon prep for the coating surface prep. I was unsure if that would be good enough to remove some of the garage dust that gets on the car since it's taking a few days for me to polish the car.

idriveblackcars
05-23-2017, 03:35 PM
Oh if you have some eraser on hand I would absolutly use that.