PDA

View Full Version : Trim protection

Pages : [1] 2

Wolf-Strong
12-03-2007, 08:45 PM
As of right now, I am using Meguiar's Natural Shine, and while I do like it, I have heard rumors that some products will fog up the inside of the windows, and I notice that they do infact fog up (I hate dealing with glass). I have no problem with constant application of the product every week, but it must last at least 1 week and provide ample UV protection and prevent fogging. I know that with age, plastics and vinyl will cause this, however I was hoping there is a product that will stop this from happening

Right now, I am highly considering Meguiar's Hyper-Dressing, however I have no idea how much UV protection it provides, if any. What does appeal me to is is the variable dilution rate, and the fact that it is water based, so I was hoping it might not cause fogging.

My other consideration was to use Gold Class Trim Detailer on both inside and out, as I have heard fantastic things about this product in its ability to protect and rejuvenate, but this leads me to the worry of fogging up the windows faster with it.

The car is garaged at night when I am home, however it is out in the sun from 8am to 7pm every day in Southern California sun. I have tried RainX anti-fog for the interior, but it doesn't seem to do a thing and is a PITA to apply. That, or some genius way of cleaning the glass may also help! I just bought Micro-rejuvenator so my towels should at their best (they are crap right now) when I get that in the mail, and I use Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate, which I just absolutely love...when the microfibers aren't all clogged up.

Reddwarf
12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
For interior I highly recommend Poorboy's World Natural Look. Gor exterior trim I like PB Trim Restorer and/or 303.

Wolf-Strong
12-03-2007, 09:34 PM
For interior I highly recommend Poorboy's World Natural Look. Gor exterior trim I like PB Trim Restorer and/or 303.

I forgot to mention the other big part of me asking is that I am looking for something more economical and cut down on the number of products I need.

I was just informed that it is not the product that causes the fogging, and that it was just a rumor. So right now, I am looking for something that will help slow down, or even stop the process while keeping the richest look possible (matte with just a little shine). Right now, I am considering M40 as I know it does slow down the process, however if Hyper Dressing will accomplish this, I would be extatic as I could have one product for the engine bay, wheels, trim, and interior.

As of right now, I am using Natural Shine for trim/interior/engine and Hot Shine Endurance for tires. My goal is to narrow this down to 1 product, or 2 more economical products.

mparker30
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I know i dont have that many posts but i use 1z vinyl and rubber care and also 303. I like 1z better because it has a nice scent and has a matte shine. I also use it on my tires as well.

killrflake
12-03-2007, 11:12 PM
I know i dont have that many posts but i use 1z vinyl and rubber care and also 303. I like 1z better because it has a nice scent and has a matte shine. I also use it on my tires as well.
The quantity of your posts mean little to most folks here, but your input is always welcome. Who makes the "1Z" that you mention?

StephenK
12-03-2007, 11:20 PM
The quantity of your posts mean little to most folks here, but your input is always welcome. Who makes the "1Z" that you mention?

eiszette

mparker30
12-04-2007, 12:37 AM
1Z Einszett Car Care Products, German Car Care Products, Einszett Glanz Wax, Einszett Gummi Pflege rubber care, Einszett cockpit premium, enzitt, (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-products.html)

Wolf-Strong
12-04-2007, 01:22 AM
So far, it seems I will be using M40 for the interior, and either Hyper-Dressing or ASD for the outside. If anyone has any recomendations on other products and have experience with M40, HD, or ASD, please chime in!

supercharged
12-04-2007, 04:58 AM
:iagree::goodpost::whs:

Mr Dream Machines
12-05-2007, 12:47 AM
prefer my own custom blends for that. they have no equal or competitors

dontsleeponit
12-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Ive found that optimum protectant works best on my interior vinyl/plastic, and 303 works best on my exterior trim.

Ive tried Lexol vinylex, didnt care for it much.

Z06-Goose
12-05-2007, 01:04 AM
1Z Cockpit Premium is the best I've ever tried. It leaves a matte finish, no greasy at all, no residue, and it smells great! Great stuff! :cheers:

Wolf-Strong
12-05-2007, 02:03 AM
I suppose I could always opt out for some Zxilon treatment from the dealer (roflmao) :p

Seriously though, I can't wait to get my rotary for Christmas and do a side by side comparison of this snake oil, NXT 2.0, and M7+M26 for laughs :)

billmacomber1987
12-18-2007, 09:29 PM
303 it works in and out and even under the hood it has SPF to help with sun damage.

sparkie
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/3794-test-joe-p.html