PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get started...opinions on gear needed

Sixgun
05-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Title says it all. I'm a complete rookie that has only hand washed and waxed. I'm looking for a multi purpose AIO and also a sealant that I can use on both my pickup truck and my travel trailer.

The truck is a white 2016 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab long bed. The trailer is a 2015 fiberglass sided SportTrek 320VIK.

I'm not looking for showcar perfect, this is a driver truck. I'm looking to keep it nice and shiny.

My thoughts are starting with the PC 7424, Meguiars M66 or D151 for the AIO, with M21 for the sealant. For pads, I'm thinking possibly using microfiber pads. Just may be easier than using foam pads.

Am I on the right track in what I am thinking.

I'd would appreciate any advice or assistance.

Thank you.

Ray

Toolhead
05-23-2017, 05:44 AM
Id recommend not skipping decon process which ive found to be critical...decon =clay..use nanoskin..much easier and faster mechanical decon than clay bar..and ironx.

Regardless of the da polisher purchased .id recommend buying a kit which will come with compound /fine polish n the pads ...single stage white paint is hard..so you would want to compound with a medium cutting pad...

Ageek sales rep can help guide you to their best kit if you call with your vehicle and correction /protection goals