PDA

View Full Version : Most effective or best value Iron Remover?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mwoywod
05-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Hey guys!

What Iron Removers do you guys consider the most effective? Is Carpro's Iron X really THAT much better than the other to justify the cost? I've read alot of good things about Mckee's Xtreme Iron Remover and Britemax Iron Remover. But I haven't heard many people mention Optimum Ferrex and no one seems to have tried the newly release Griot's Iron and Fallout remover or 3D's BDX? I would really appreciate hearing from those of you that have an opinion on which Iron Remover is the most effective or which offers the most value? Thank you!!

mengelhardt
05-21-2017, 06:41 PM
Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller has worked well for me.

LittleKing24
05-21-2017, 06:44 PM
I have only used two different iron removers( McKees and Iron X). I would say you can't go wrong with either one. Although the McKees smells less horrible(smells similar to Sonax FE).

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

mwoywod
05-21-2017, 06:44 PM
"Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller."

why? considering you can't buy it by the gallon I'm assuming you don't buy it because it's the best value? Compared to other iron removers, why do you feel it's the most effective?

mwoywod
05-21-2017, 06:49 PM
I have only used two different iron removers( McKees and Iron X). I would say you can't go wrong with either one. Although the McKees smells less horrible(smells similar to Sonax FE).

Thank you!!! That was the response I was hoping for! So you really can't tell a difference in either based purely on their ability to dissolve ferrous iron particles? If that's the case, I wonder why anyone would pay nearly twice as much for iron x when Mckee's not only smells much better but is nearly half the cost? Thanks LittleKing24!!!

GSKR
05-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Iron remover is iron remover no matter what brand you purchase.Have purchase car pro mckees and brute max.They are all pretty much the same a little.mckees I find sprays thicker and performs the same as car pro and britemax.But I find myself just using carpro.

mwoywod
05-21-2017, 07:01 PM
Iron remover is iron remover no matter what brand you purchase.Have purchase car pro mckees and brute max.They are all pretty much the same a little.mckees I find sprays thicker and performs the same as car pro and britemax.But I find myself just using carpro.

thank you for the response! GSKR, If you don't mind me asking, if an Iron remover is an iron remover despite the brand, Why would you spend the extra money for Iron-x? Iron-x is $129.99 for a gallon and the other two Iron removers you mentioned are $79.99. I feel like there would have to be a darn good reason for me to spend the extra money. BTW, If Iron-X edges the others in performance I am absolutely willing to pay the money

adamgayton81
05-21-2017, 07:12 PM
You can even try Meguire's Dub wheel cleaner, it works great as an iron remover in desperate situations...thanks to some others advice on here for that! It's $8 for 22 oz and at local Walmart.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170522/98b725ec65180edbd115ee74ea53d2fe.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleKing24
05-21-2017, 07:14 PM
No problem! As GSKR stated, McKees does spray thicker. Which I believe really helps in it's clinging ability. The only suggestion I have is to use a different spray bottle than what a regular 16oz bottle of Mckees iron Remover comes in. If you buy it by the gallon then it shouldn't be a problem depending on the spray bottle you use.

The reason I say that is cause I bought a gallon of it and used it in a kwazar sprayer, using about 8-10 oz on a 4Runner. I used a full 16oz bottle this morning(iron)ically, lol, on my personal truck using the regular bottle and sprayer. It's so thick that the sprayer seems to have a hard time spraying it as a mist and wants to spray in a stream, regardless of being on the spray setting rather than stream.

Eldorado2k
05-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Iron remover is iron remover no matter what brand you purchase.

Cool. In that case I'll just stick with DUB. Besides, I think iron removal step is a tad overrated.
Show me a wheel that any color changing product can clean better than Brown Royal or even Wheel Brightener. I doubt you'll ever see it happen. I've also yet to experience a paint correction job that was simply not quite up to standards due to me not performing an iron removal step and watching it change colors... IMO clay and Speedy Prep towel do just fine.

LittleKing24
05-21-2017, 07:28 PM
Cool. In that case I'll just stick with DUB. Besides, I think iron removal step is a tad overrated.
Show me a wheel that any color changing product can clean better than Brown Royal or even Wheel Brightener. I doubt you'll ever see it happen. I've also yet to experience a paint correction job that was simply not quite up to standards due to me not performing an iron removal step and watching it change colors... IMO clay and Speedy Prep towel do just fine.

As far as wheels I have nothing to say, but paint...specifically coated, the iron removal step makes all the difference

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/110220-importance-iron-removers-coated-vehicles.html

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

PA DETAILER
05-21-2017, 07:35 PM
I used McKess 37 A few weeks ago before using hydro blue. First time the Xterra ever had iron removal. I did not get much red bleeding (a good thing). Tells me it did not have much iron issues. Did use the whole bottle. Left the paint really clean and ready for the hydro blue. I found no issues with it.

GSKR
05-21-2017, 08:00 PM
thank you for the response! GSKR, If you don't mind me asking, if an Iron remover is an iron remover despite the brand, Why would you spend the extra money for Iron-x? Iron-x is $129.99 for a gallon and the other two Iron removers you mentioned are $79.99. I feel like there would have to be a darn good reason for me to spend the extra money. BTW, If Iron-X edges the others in performance I am absolutely willing to pay the moneyThere all pretty much the same at the end of the day.Iron x reacts and goes to work quicker a tad bit.mckees sprays more like a gel but works and performs like all the others.Im a carpro loyal user so I don't mind paying extra.

willowcat11
05-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Wouldn't most Wheel Cleaners be considered Iron removers?

cleanmycorolla
05-21-2017, 11:52 PM
I really like Auto Finesse Iron Out. But its hard to find here in the states now a days