PDA

View Full Version : Who's using a deionizer?

Pages : [1] 2

DetailKitty
05-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Lately I've been contemplating getting a system. Though my water at home isn't terrible, it's not great. I'm sick of having spots no matter how quickly I dry the cars in shade.

Are these as good as they say they are? I'm probably looking at the CR systems sold by AG.

k20trick
05-19-2017, 01:42 PM
For me it was worth it, I have a tdi meter of 700-800 with my water, with the cr spotless system I get 0, after six months of use its still under 100-200 but filter should be changed out. It helps greatly using this filtered water opposed to regular water. I use it for rinse less washing and high pressure washing.

If you have bad water this should be a great investment.

Anytime I wash a car with deionized/distilled water it feels so much easier than with regular water.

aztec1987
05-19-2017, 01:56 PM
For me it was worth it, I have a tdi meter of 700-800 with my water, with the cr spotless system I get 0, after six months of use its still under 100-200 but filter should be changed out. It helps greatly using this filtered water opposed to regular water. I use it for rinse less washing and high pressure washing.

If you have bad water this should be a great investment.

Anytime I wash a car with deionized/distilled water it feels so much easier than with regular water.

I heard some users have the problem of having Algae form up or whatever the material it uses for the inside go bad as in they have to be emptied out after certain time.

SeanChav
05-19-2017, 02:11 PM
subd

DetailKitty
05-19-2017, 02:15 PM
The algae issue seems like it would be from it not being emptied or the filter not being replaced often enough.

DARK HORSE
05-19-2017, 02:19 PM
I heard some users have the problem of having Algae form up or whatever the material it uses for the inside go bad as in they have to be emptied out after certain time.
I have had my CR Spotless (dic 20)since 2009 and never had an issue. I would never be with out it. If it's going to sit with NO use for more than a couple of months (like through the winter) then drain it and dump the resin.

lane5515
05-19-2017, 02:29 PM
I have a CR Spotless system and love it. I've had it for 2 years and no issues at all. I hook it up to my Kranzle 1600 psi/1.7 gpm pressure washer for final rinses. Combined with my Metro Master Blaster, I hardly ever touch the paint with a drying towel.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Bruno Soares
05-19-2017, 03:06 PM
I ordered one the other day when they have 15% off site wide. Should arrive next week. Can't wait to try. I went with the bigger system that is wall mounted.

DetailKitty
05-19-2017, 03:49 PM
I asked for one for my birthday :props:

This one: http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-rolling-system-100.html

Salmonbum
05-19-2017, 04:37 PM
I have the CR system too. Best money I have spent to help maintain my rides. I also have a water conditioner hooked to my incoming water line from the community well water. What it does is changes the charges of the ions in the minerals in the water so they can't cling to things.

Costco usually has a sale on CR systems around fourth of July and again for xmas.

Bruno Soares
05-19-2017, 04:43 PM

This one: CR Spotless Rolling De-ionized Water Filtration System, deionization system, water de-ionizer, purified water systems, cr-spotless, spot free rinse, (http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-rolling-system-100.html)

Price difference is quite small, why not get the system with twice the capacity?

cyclops
05-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Another thumbs up for CR spotless. Just try washing a black car in the desert with bad water and it is spot city. Still dry with WW towel and a drying aid, can get away without towel drying on a light colored cars but still necessary on dark colors.

And by all means have a Happy Birthday

WRAPT C5Z06
05-19-2017, 05:19 PM
I rent a culligan unit.

SeanChav
05-19-2017, 05:42 PM
just showed this to the wife and she agreed we need one. :)

PaulMys
05-19-2017, 05:59 PM

This one: CR Spotless Rolling De-ionized Water Filtration System, deionization system, water de-ionizer, purified water systems, cr-spotless, spot free rinse, (http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-rolling-system-100.html)

Husband better get right on that if he knows what's good for him. ;)