PDA

View Full Version : Who's using a deionizer?

Pages : 1 [2]

swanicyouth
05-19-2017, 06:16 PM
I use a CR. It's a pretty potent tool when used correctly. It's not perfect, but any light spotting wiped right off no effort.

The algae issue seems like it would be from it not being emptied or the filter not being replaced often enough.

Lol. I let mine sit for like 6 mos wet and there was no algae in it. Emptying when you're done is a PIA. You just need to use it every so often & you won't have an issue.

PaulMys
05-19-2017, 07:16 PM
I use a CR. It's a pretty potent tool when used correctly. It's not perfect, but any light spotting wiped right off no effort.

Lol. I let mine sit for like 6 mos wet and there was no algae in it. Emptying when you're done is a PIA. You just need to use it every so often & you won't have an issue.

There are no drains on the bottom of the canisters??

Salmonbum
05-19-2017, 07:19 PM
I store my CR system from Nov to April due to temps. I drain out all the water and store resin tubes in basement. I use it once every week or so when up and running and never had an issue with growth. I usually get 7-8 months out of resin before it comes off 0.0 TDS.

Bruno Soares
05-19-2017, 07:43 PM
There are no drains on the bottom of the canisters??

No. Have to unscrew the canisters and turn the resin upside down to drain.

DetailKitty
05-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Talked about this to the husband... sounds like we are getting one sooner vs later ;)

Thank goodness for the Alfa.

PaulMys
05-19-2017, 08:50 PM
No. Have to unscrew the canisters and turn the resin upside down to drain.

I'm assuming the canisters are plastic? Either way, I'd drill & tap a petcock type drain in the bottom of these the minute they came out of the box. Just nonsensical not to.

DetailKitty
05-20-2017, 09:09 AM
HA! Took advantage of the flash Armed forced Day sale!

Got the CR system and some GTechnique Tire and Trim.
FYI- the CR was not part of the 20% off but I called and Brian hooked me up. Thanks AG!