PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Wash King

Pages : [1] 2

SeanChav
05-18-2017, 01:56 PM
hey guys I've been gone from the forums for a while busy with work and family, but of course never too busy to keep the cars nicely clean and detailed ;)

I'm coming up on my last mixed spray bottle of UWW+ and before I order a new concentrate I was wondering if there's anything else out there worthy of replacing it?....I know there's been a few new ones to hit the market like car pro ecH2O and McKee's waterless wash.

are there any others worth mentioning that could possibly replace the King, IMO, Ultima?....I love everything about Ultima from it's versatility to the protection it leaves behind, especially being it's polycharged/synthetic polymer protection which is why I'm mostly looking for.... I prefer to stay away from nubas especially since all I use are sealants and will be coating my z06 soon and believe the Ultima will play nice with it as it does my other sealants and is a worthy sacrificial barrier between washes....I have d114 for my rinseless washes and love and will continue to use it til it's out and I have tried Uber but was not blown away by it, although I liked it, to replace UWW with

here's a pic of the stable also
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg520/SStripped/20170210_124257_HDR-1.jpg (http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/SStripped/media/20170210_124257_HDR-1.jpg.html)

BillyJack
05-18-2017, 02:40 PM
Subscribed for the same reason. Ultima has been my go-to for a few years, so I haven't tried any of the more recent additions to the WW market.

Bill

FUNX650
05-18-2017, 05:04 PM
I'm coming up on my last mixed spray
bottle of UWW+ and before I order a
new concentrate I was wondering if
there's anything else out there worthy
of replacing it?

are there any others worth mentioning
that could possibly replace the King, IMO,
Ultima?....I love everything about Ultima

from it's versatility to the protection it
leaves behind, especially being it's
polycharged/synthetic polymer protection
which is why I'm mostly looking for....

I prefer to stay away from nubas
especially since all I use are sealants
and will be coating my z06 soon and
believe the Ultima will play nice with it
as it does my other sealants and is a
worthy sacrificial barrier between washes....

After the numerous accolades you have
bestowed upon Ultima's WW...I don't see
how any other WW could possibly be a
serious contender.

That is to say:
"(No) Requiem for a (your) Heavyweight"...

Bob

SeanChav
05-18-2017, 05:47 PM
After the numerous accolades you have
bestowed upon Ultima's WW...I don't see
how any other WW could possibly be a
serious contender.

That is to say:
"(No) Requiem for a (your) Heavyweight"...

Bob

yea I think u may be right Bob.... seems like most of the newer WW are geared towards d114-like squeaky clean and leaving nothing behind, but maybe a little gloss.

I guess I'll just stick with good ol faithful then :)

Morrison
05-18-2017, 06:31 PM
How would UWW be with a car sealed with sonax PNS?

Rsurfer
05-18-2017, 06:41 PM
ECH2O with a shot of Reload.

SeanChav
05-18-2017, 08:20 PM
How would UWW be with a car sealed with sonax PNS?

that's the exact combo I use on my VW and it works just fine....i use UWW for my waterless washes and final wipes, and every other week I use d156 for my final wipe with no hindering of beading or anything

oboroballa03
05-18-2017, 08:21 PM
I ordered the mckees waterless wash kit here on autogeek. It comes with a gallon of waterless wash, 6 gold plush jr towels, threaded refill funnel and a 16oz bottle of it ready to go for 37.99. Plus you can add the discount and get it cheaper. An awesome deal imo and it works great for me.

Morrison
05-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Thank you from your neighbor down south in Maricopa

SeanChav
05-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Thank you from your neighbor down south in Maricopa

any time man!!

wing commander
05-19-2017, 12:29 AM
I have been using Ech20 and feel if money is not the determining factor it is the gloss king on coated paint. I have Optimum,Ultima,Uber,Dura Gloss,Pinnacle and Ech20 is my favorite.

SeanChav
05-19-2017, 10:00 AM
I have been using Ech20 and feel if money is not the determining factor it is the gloss king on coated paint. I have Optimum,Ultima,Uber,Dura Gloss,Pinnacle and Ech20 is my favorite.

does it alter the beading of the coating any?

I may need to try some

golliger
05-19-2017, 11:14 AM
Maybe it's time to revisit an old standby. I still can't find a reason to replace ONR

SeanChav
05-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Maybe it's time to revisit an old standby. I still can't find a reason to replace ONR

ONR wasn't bad, but I don't think it releases dirt quite as good as say d114 or Ultima....after doing a rinseless wash my mitt was usually dirty, as where with the others the mitt looked like it did when I first started

cleanmycorolla
05-19-2017, 01:53 PM
I have two new favorites, Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash and The Gloss Shop Trifecta. Trifecta is friggin' awesome!