PDA

View Full Version : Father In-Laws heart in the right place

CRappe
12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
I was at the in-laws over Thanksgiving. My father in-law thought he would help scrape the ice off my windshield. I was too late. I told him the window decal across the top was on the outside. It was a custom decal I made. He chewed up half the letters so I had to remove it. It was really on there. It took over an hour to scrape it off. Oh well.:cool:

Brace1
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm sure he felt terrible. As you noted, his heart was in the right place with the gesture.

Tex Star Detail
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
could have been worse. He could have used a butter knife to chip the ice off your paint.

makdaddy626
12-03-2007, 05:02 PM
:D
could have been worse. He could have used a butter knife to chip the ice off your paint.

Ouch... don't tempt fate like that.

supercharged
12-04-2007, 04:28 AM
I was at the in-laws over Thanksgiving. My father in-law thought he would help scrape the ice off my windshield. I was too late. I told him the window decal across the top was on the outside. It was a custom decal I made. He chewed up half the letters so I had to remove it. It was really on there. It took over an hour to scrape it off. Oh well.:cool:
sorry to hear about that...

That really reminds me of Gilligan's Island episode.
Skipper: " Gilligan, I said you can help. I want you to go on the top of that hill and keep a sharp look out for icebergs.."

Gilligan: "Icebergs??? Skipper, we are in tropics..."

Skipper: "that's why they are hard to find...Now, run along..."

lethalxls1
12-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I had something like this happen to me before as well. I just had my 87 Chevy Camaro IROC that was totally refurbished painted 2 stage base/clear. I had gotten surgery so my dad thought he would help me by washing my IROC while I was at a Dr. appointment one day. The only problem-he used a T-shirt with writing on it instead of the micro fibre wash mitt I always use. It swirled my 5 month old paint job big time. I hired a "detailer" to do paint correction and he burnt the paint in 2 places!!! I was sick over it. Thats the story that actually made me decide to try to figure out paint correction and how to use a DA buffer and the proper products.