PDA

View Full Version : Attended a car club meeting last night.

TMQ
05-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Attended a car club meeting last night

I kind of went out of my comfort zone! Had to speak in front of a group of people.

Went to a meeting last night and they gave me 2 minutes on the floor. Introduced myself, explained who I was and I was a new start up that was trained by a fella named Mike from a TV show---grin.

Told them to go check out the auto geek web site to check me out and to get information re: the class, the forums and things they can learn if they wanted to do their own cars.

I also told them I was more than happy to do a tech session for their club to share knowledge on the process of washing/polishing and the general care of the car's paint.

Passed out my business cards during the meeting and overall it was a good evening for me just to get out in front of people!

And lastly---They were a great group of people!

Tom

Mike Phillips
05-17-2017, 07:24 AM
I kind of went out of my comfort zone! Had to speak in front of a group of people.

Went to a meeting last night and they gave me 2 minutes on the floor. Introduced myself, explained who I was and I was a new start up that was trained by a fella named Mike from a TV show---grin.

Told them to go check out the autogeek web site to check me out and to get information re: the class, the forums and things they can learn if they wanted to do their own cars.

I also told them I was more than happy to do a tech session club to share knowledge on the process of washing/polishing and the general care of the car's paint.

Passed out my business cards during the meeting and overall it was a good evening for me just to get out in front of people!

And lastly---They were a great group of people!

Tom

Way to get after it Tom... :xyxthumbs:

I also told them I was more than happy to do a tech session for their club to share knowledge on the process of washing/polishing and the general care of the car's paint.

Is this going after this idea?

Class - How to become the recognized detailing expert in your hometown by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/108206-class-how-become-recognized-detailing-expert-your-hometown-mike-phillips.html)

:)

TMQ
05-17-2017, 08:52 AM
Yes!

After 30 years of teaching Biology---I knew that if I am going to be an expert in anything, teaching it is the fastest way to learn and to understand concepts.
Reading about a concept and having to explain a concept are two totally different things. An expert should be able to explain the reasoning behind a concept.
The funny thing is, the more one explains something the more questions are created for the teacher! I'm always going back to the books after teaching a class trying to find out
why something isn't right.

Teaching is the best way to learn new things.

Tom

DetailKitty
05-17-2017, 10:55 AM
Very cool! And good for you!

JustJesus
05-17-2017, 10:58 AM
That's good to hear, Tom. Glad you were able to step out of that comfort zone!

TMQ
05-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Thanks everyone...

The learning continues.

Tom

Paul A.
05-17-2017, 04:09 PM
Good for you, Tom! That's an excellent way to get a whole bunch of folks to know you quickly.

ronkh57
05-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Cool !!

Good luck!

custmsprty
05-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Awesome, keep it up and keep us in the loop on your continued success.

Bill1234
05-17-2017, 04:50 PM
good for you! , now about biology, it made my 4.0 gpa a 40 percent at some times

FUNX650
05-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Good read, with a (fairly) happy ending.
I give it a 9/10. :xyxthumbs:

Bob

Klasse Act
05-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Tom, way to build your brand!

http://jobseekersptc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/build-your-brand.jpg

Sizzle Chest
05-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Very good news! I hope it is fruitful for you!