PDA

View Full Version : After Cquartz and reload..... Quick detailer

Crooz1n
05-16-2017, 04:28 PM
I know the BEST answer is gonna be Ech2O BUT I don't have that yet and need to wait a few weeks before buying more supplies.
I drive my car several times a week to work and back. Ten days a go I coated with Cquartz classic. Yesterday I did a waterless wash using Adams waterless wash then topped with reload.
So the products I have on hand are Adams waterless, Poorboys spray and wipe, Adams Detail Spray. ONR, some Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 and some Duragloss fast clean and Shine. Are these Ok to use as a quick detailer to get the pollen/dust off after sitting in the parking lot all day?
Which would be the better of what I have?
I was thinking maybe to mix up some reload in a quart of either ONR or the Adams Waterless.
Opinions?

The Guz
05-16-2017, 05:17 PM
The poorboys spray and wipe you have is the QD/waterless wash? If it is you can use that. It leaves nothing behind on the surface. Should buy you time until you get ech2o.

Either way the self cleaning effect of the coating should not allow whatever you use to stick around that long.

swexlin
05-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Funny you ask this. My Viper has CQuartz, and I have used Reload over it. I also use Reload as a stand-alone on my Ram.

I've found that good ole' Megs 34 plays really nice with the CQuartz. Of course, the Viper is in the garage most of the time, and rarely sees rain. It is mostly road dust that gathers on it.

MattPersman
05-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Spray and wipe. Adams detail spray. Fast clean and shine or Adams waterless all work fine. No worries just use enough towels and don't scrub hard obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swexlin
05-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Spray and wipe. Adams detail spray. Fast clean and shine or Adams waterless all work fine. No worries just use enough towels and don't scrub hard obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Adams is my other go-to, but I thought that was a bad word on this site, so I didn't mention it! Out of at least a dozen detail sprays I use, Megs 34 is still my fav for light dust, and even some heavier. Easy on and off.

custmsprty
05-16-2017, 06:21 PM
My question is why does a "coating" need any topper or maintenance if it's supposed to last as a stand alone for the alleged time that the manufacturer claims regardless of the manufacturer? It should stand alone on it's for the quoted time without toppers or additives. If it can't then it's not providing the protection as advertised by the manufacturer.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-16-2017, 07:35 PM
I concur with custmsprty... except if your asking what to use when to go to show or cruise night and light dust, dirt and bugs collect while driving it there. Nothing like getting to a show and seeing dead things on the front... In that case, be careful with reload, it's sun sensitive. So a QD woudl be better... or N914 which is sun safe.

Other than that, if you're washing and putting it back in the garage... Just blow dry it and roll it back in. Ego Leaf Blower, McKee's Dryer or Metro Side Kick will do the trick.

But technically, any QD will be fine. I pretty much use Reload for everything now... coating or no coating.

I was thinking maybe to mix up some reload in a quart of either ONR or the Adams Waterless.

IMO, I wouldn't play chemist and mix formulas. Each manufacturer makes their formula to do one thing very well. Your results may not be what you expect... mileage may vary

Crooz1n
05-17-2017, 05:58 AM
Right now in Va its pollen season. After sitting out of teh garage for 20 minutes you have a nice light coating of yellow all across the horizontal surfaces. After 8-9 hours in a parking lot between a factory and a highway its really covered. Also dust seems to just cling to the surface maybe static.

Anyone try adding Reload to ONR or Adams WW?

KMG
05-17-2017, 07:04 AM
I would simply just wipe it down with ONR (cheap product and works great). Reload can get expensive if used all the time to wipe the car down (which the product is not intended for).