PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best waterless wash to use in direct sunlight?

fightnews
05-16-2017, 03:43 PM
I have uber, n914, liquid crystal, blackfire, mckees, the whole autogeek lineup. Car doesnt even stay clean for 6 hours with all the pollen out there right now. then you get water spots from the morning dew. Then its 90 when I get home and the sun is blazing on the car so I just can't win. It's a merciless hobby trying to keep the car looking clean this time of year.

FUNX650
05-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Regardless of the type of car-washing
methods/processes that's going to be
used; and, you find that you must wash
a vehicle in direct sunlight; then, IMO:

It can't be stressed enough that it's of
the utmost importance to, at the very
least, keep the panels as cool as possible.

Bob

Mad Wax
05-16-2017, 06:12 PM
I've only tried ONR, Uber, and N-914. For me, Uber gets the win in direct sunlight. It seems to have the longest working time before drying up, and is the definitely the slickest. I use it as my clay lube as well, and this is in the 115-120 degree summers in Arizona direct sun!

VISITOR
05-16-2017, 06:21 PM
CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray is a cleaning product and gloss enhancer built on over 2 years of research and development. While it was designed to work especially well with ceramic coated vehicles, CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray works surprisingly well on non-coated vehicles as well. Designed to work well in extreme heat and even direct sunlight, CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray provides an easy, eco-friendly, and glossy solution to quick details and waterless washes.

MattPersman
05-16-2017, 06:42 PM
Poorboys world spray and wipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantilgh
05-17-2017, 06:47 AM
I'll be doing a black Jeep today between 10-2:00 and it's calling for temps in the 90s.

I'll probably use McKees N-914 or their rinseless Wash & Wax depending on what I'm going to be doing to the paint after.

I just work in smaller sections like one side of the roof or hood at a time. A soaking wet wash media will help cool the panels long enough to work on. If the product dries on the surface, just make another pass with your wash media right before drying.

I'll also bring my canopy to help give me a little shade.

It was so windy the other day I had to rewipe the panels before I dried them.

ronkh57
05-17-2017, 06:50 AM
Just remember even if it says works in direct sun...........

If it's too hot to hold your hand on for a time, it's too hot to do anything to (detail wise).

Mantilgh
05-17-2017, 07:01 AM
^True.

But sometimes for customers you gotta do what you gotta do.

I've done a few rinseless parking lot details where my first pass was steaming off the paint.

FUNX650
05-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Also:
Make sure you stay well hydrated;
and appropriately dressed for the
hot/humid weather:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_28182.JPG

No one wants to experience heat strokes,
or any other overheating situations.

Bob

fightnews
05-17-2017, 10:58 AM
I'll be doing a black Jeep today between 10-2:00 and it's calling for temps in the 90s.

I'll probably use McKees N-914 or their rinseless Wash & Wax depending on what I'm going to be doing to the paint after.

I just work in smaller sections like one side of the roof or hood at a time. A soaking wet wash media will help cool the panels long enough to work on. If the product dries on the surface, just make another pass with your wash media right before drying.

I'll also bring my canopy to help give me a little shade.

It was so windy the other day I had to rewipe the panels before I dried them.

I didn't really want to set up a rinseless I only have light spotting and pollen

Mantilgh
05-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Doh, sorry!

Waterless wash in direct sunlight?

Does not compute, error, error.....

You may be limited to morning and evening hours or use it really heavily and work in small sections.

Calendyr
05-17-2017, 08:23 PM
If you are in direct sunlight, doing one panel at a time would be the easiest way to avoid problems. Do your washing then immediatelly dry the pannel using a spray wax then go to the next pannel. You should not have any issues doing it that way.

mwoywod
05-17-2017, 08:28 PM
D114 and D115 are hands down the best in direst sunlight IME. I use uber far more but when doing a waterless wash in direct sunlight D114 and D115 thrive.
Thank god I still have 4.5 gallons of D114 left.

conman1395
05-17-2017, 11:28 PM
If the panels are already hot, then rinseless allows the panel to cool down and stay wet longer.

But if you must do a waterless wash, I feel like 114 worked the best.

fightnews
05-18-2017, 05:20 AM
I mixed up a batch of Rinse-less last night prob use it today