PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Hot Shine/Reflect, Glitter?

Don M
05-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Meguiar's Hot Shine Reflect (http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g18715-hot-shine-reflect/)

I recently bought some Hot Shine Reflect* for some cars that I'm going to be detailing over the summer, and these customers like an extremely black, shiny look (a look that I consider oily/greasy appearing). I figured the HSR would be the ticket so I first used it on my car. Initially it looked really good - in the shade, deep, rich color & reflective. THEN the sun hit one of the tires ... OMG, there's GLITTER in it! In the sun I saw nothing but a ton of rainbow sparklies. :doh:

So I took a demoted microfiber cloth and lightly buffed the tire and suddenly all the "glitter" was gone and after several minutes for the HSR to level and 'soak in,' I had a nice matte black, clean looking tire. The exact look *I* like. I guess I just wanted to give a 'heads up' to others who might want to try the HSR on their own cars or a customer's car. You can have either a deep, rich, shiny black tire (with a ton of sparkles) OR you can have a rich MATTE black tire with low shine, but a really CLEAN look. I guess this product is versatile in that respect, gloss & glitter or matte, it just depends on the look you're going for. I'm not saying anything bad about Hot Shine Reflect, just wanted people to know about the glitter effect before they are surprised by it.

Hammer77
05-16-2017, 08:49 AM
The glitter. I remember a OTC product in the early 90's, that had glitter, and they were color tinted like blue, red, and green or something like that. Anyone know what it was?

FUNX650
05-16-2017, 09:29 AM
The glitter. I remember a OTC product in
the early 90's, that had glitter, and they
were color tinted like blue, red, and green
or something like that.

Anyone know what it was?
I kinda remember something like that.

Might it have been part of Club Dv8's
"All that Glitters, is not Gold" Collection?

Bob

Hammer77
05-16-2017, 10:03 AM
I kinda remember something like that.

Might it have been part of Club Dv8's
"All that Glitters, is not Gold" Collection?

Bob

Ya know Bob when you said this, it got me thinking. I am an avid bowler, thought this sounded familiar so I went looking in my arsenal look what I found!

FUNX650
05-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Ya know Bob when you said this, it got me thinking. I am an avid bowler, thought this sounded familiar so I went looking in my arsenal look what I found!

Appears that Crossovers are not confined
to only the Automotive world...

Bob

briarpatch
05-16-2017, 10:34 AM
To the OP.....if you want that deep (oily-looking) shine, Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel will give it to you

Hammer77
05-16-2017, 10:45 AM
Sorry Don, didn't mean to get off track. I too like a very wet look on my tires, I have tried a few things and the tire dressing I keep using the most is Megs D160 All Season dressing. Like others it doesn't last like a coating, but for what I am looking for once a week or so. I just spray it on, wait a couple minutes wipe off the wheels.