PDA

View Full Version : Boss Creams or WG

Pages : [1] 2

jgh33
05-15-2017, 10:42 PM
I am getting a Griots DA polisher and was wondering should I use the Griots correcting/perfecting cream or the Wolgang Swirl Remover and Glaze. I have a Mercedes black vehicle. I am trying to remove swirl marks and a few scratches.

Thanks in advance.

WaxMaster1
05-15-2017, 10:57 PM
I've got the BOSS lineup and it works extremely well. I've used the WG total swirl remover and it does a great job too. For your black Benz, maybe do what I did to my girlfriend's black E350..... Sonax EX 04-06. Worked like a champ in one easy step with a white LC Thin Pro pad

cleanmycorolla
05-15-2017, 11:30 PM
I am getting a Griots DA polisher and was wondering should I use the Griots correcting/perfecting cream or the Wolgang Swirl Remover and Glaze. I have a Mercedes black vehicle. I am trying to remove swirl marks and a few scratches.

Thanks in advance.

Honestly can't go wrong with either. But you won't truly know until you take pad and product to paint. Test spots! That will help you answer!

GSKR
05-16-2017, 06:39 AM

Thanks in advance.

I would get the 3401.The grits stalls way to much and not enough power.meant griots. Jescar line will accommodate any finish.The griots stuff is ok but needs more bite.

ski2
05-16-2017, 08:05 AM

Thanks in advance.

I've had a Griots DA for 5 years and never had a stalling problem--it has plenty of power. Equip it with a 5" backing plate and 5.5" thin pads and it can handle anything you throw at it. I haven't used the Griots BOSS correcting/polishing creams yet, but haven't read a bad review from anyone. Everyone I've read says easy to use with long working time and the Fast Correcting cream finishes down almost LSP ready.

Desertnate
05-16-2017, 08:09 AM
Honestly can't go wrong with either. But you won't truly know until you take pad and product to paint. Test spots! That will help you answer!

I wholeheartedly agree. However, for the weekend warrior with only a couple of cars, this becomes very expensive and leads to shelves full of products you'll never use. It's always good to know the high quality products with a wider range of capability so you have a better shot at getting it right with only a few changes to techniques and or pad.

OP: If you are shopping from scratch and don't already have products on hand, I'd recommend the Blackfire SRC duo. They work great on hard German paint and the SRC Compound is actually more like a swirl remover and not a compound.

Mike@ShineStruck
05-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Boss cremes and or new gyeon compound/polish

VISITOR
05-27-2017, 07:27 PM
i believe this gentleman is a member on here. here's a recent video of him using the GG fast correcting cream, lake country orange hybrid pad, and HF DA (notice his arm movements/passes are slow and the correct way to use a pc-style DA). pretty impressive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m23BRaOCjR0

custmsprty
05-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Go with the Sonax it's amazing! Sonax EX 04-06 :dblthumb2:

Eldorado2k
05-27-2017, 07:35 PM
i believe this gentleman is a member on here. here's a recent video of him using the GG fast correcting cream, lake country orange hybrid pad, and HF DA (notice his arm movements/passes are slow). pretty impressive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m23BRaOCjR0

What's his username on here?

VISITOR
05-27-2017, 07:53 PM
What's his username on here?

i thought he had chimed in a thread or two but i can't seem to remember which one, maybe it was someone else (he sounds like ray romano). hopefully, he'll see this and chime in...

Eldorado2k
05-27-2017, 08:01 PM
i thought he had chimed in a thread or two but i can't seem to remember which one, maybe it was someone else (he sounds like ray romano). hopefully, he'll see this and chime in...

How were you able to hear his voice though the text of a post? Lol.

PaulMys
05-27-2017, 08:03 PM
He's most certainly from NY. I would know. He's "tawking" about BOSS cremes. ;)

Lol

VISITOR
05-27-2017, 08:03 PM

no silly, i meant from listening to him in the videos...

PaulMys
05-27-2017, 08:05 PM

Wouldn't YOU like to know?? Lol