PDA

View Full Version : OK I am hooked - Pressure washer and Foam Cannon!

irvsmith
05-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Thanks to the guidance from fly07sti I have been hooked on these two equipment upgrades. I don't have to touch the paint unless a certain location warrants it. Maybe it doesn't get as clean as it would be if I used a mitt but boy it is much faster and I don't introduce new scratches. I think it was Larry Kosilla who said something to the effect that customers pay detailers to not touch their car's paint. I might dust off my GG 6" and get the paint back to the 80-85% correction and then not touch it unless absolutely necessary. Thank you flysti07.

DUSICHIN DUS-003 3000 PSI High Pressure Washer Gun, M22 Thread, Snow Foam Lance, Snow Foam Cannon
GreenWorks GPW1501 13 amp 1500 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer

fly07sti
05-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Right on!

Cruzscarwash
05-15-2017, 12:51 PM
man, I really tried to like to foam lance, I really did but it just uses so much product, I have to use a lot more water overall. drying then takes longer and I have to use more tools to get the water from all the cracks and crevices. maybe if I move out of the desert ill try it again, so many people like it

irvsmith
05-15-2017, 02:36 PM
Interesting. I think it does use more product but I start with a GG gallon size and price is very good here. I am finding the surface fairly dry without spots and I just have to do the windows. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

JustJesus
05-15-2017, 05:21 PM
.. I have to use a lot more water overall.

What?! That's nuts. But YMMV. I went from using almost 20 gallons with a hose/nozzle, to less than 10 with a small pressure unit. I just wish I could use mine more :(

irvsmith
05-15-2017, 09:00 PM
What?! That's nuts. But YMMV. I went from using almost 20 gallons with a hose/nozzle, to less than 10 with a small pressure unit. I just wish I could use mine more :(

That is my experience. The hose pours a lot more water per minute then the pressure washer.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Cruzscarwash
05-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Still 10 gals that's alot of water when u can do a rinseless with 1

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

k20trick
05-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Nice, personally I prefer rinse less but everyone loves a foam party, if you can make more business with it then its a good investment.

bryanviper
05-15-2017, 10:11 PM
Good to hear, I literally just got a pressure washer and foam cannon delivered by UPS today. Now I just need the weather to cooperate so I can try it out :D

do you have any photos/videos?

Thanks to the guidance from fly07sti I have been hooked on these two equipment upgrades. I don't have to touch the paint unless a certain location warrants it. Maybe it doesn't get as clean as it would be if I used a mitt but boy it is much faster and I don't introduce new scratches. I think it was Larry Kosilla who said something to the effect that customers pay detailers to not touch their car's paint. I might dust off my GG 6" and get the paint back to the 80-85% correction and then not touch it unless absolutely necessary. Thank you flysti07.

DUSICHIN DUS-003 3000 PSI High Pressure Washer Gun, M22 Thread, Snow Foam Lance, Snow Foam Cannon
GreenWorks GPW1501 13 amp 1500 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer

Cruzscarwash
05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Check out this guy he test damn near any liquid in a foam Lance

https://youtu.be/m53SRp9Bdsw

daimler
05-16-2017, 12:22 AM
...everyone loves a foam party, if you can make more business with it then its a good investment.

+1 on this. Detailing costs way, way lower here in the Philippines so we have to cut on expenses as long as we can unless it's my car that I'm doing. To start with, I bring client's vehicles to my neighborhood car wash shop for the initial wash. I don't have to worry about whatever swirls that the washers might leave on it. We'll have to polish it anyway. But after that, It's all on my team's hands. :)

irvsmith
05-16-2017, 08:05 AM
Still 10 gals that's alot of water when u can do a rinseless with 1

I hear you. One other side benefit that this approach has had is the number of towels I have to wash. Last two times I had 1-2 towels (on an XC 90!). Now you still wait for a full load to run it but you can put it off for a longer time.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

vital2
05-16-2017, 05:18 PM
Why a 3000 psi gun with a 1500 psi washer?