PDA

View Full Version : Menzema question

Pages : [1] 2

lethalxls1
12-02-2007, 03:59 AM
I have a black 98 z/28 that had terrible swirls and scratches when I bought it. I did paint correction a little while back using the PC 7424,xmt medium swirl remover applied with a orange Lake Country pad followed up with xmt ultra fine SR applied with a LC white polishing pad then carnuba. I was very happy with the results. A month ago I was short on time and needed my car washed for the weekend. I took it to a local "detailer" whom I had used just for washes on occassion previously. I had discussed how I liked things done and how I only wanted my car dried with MF towels which he used the other times. I come back and to my HORROR-he was drying my car with a rubber like-synthetic towel called the guzzler(I believe) instead of MF towels!!!. It swirled my paint pretty bad. NEVER again!! Anyways- I noticed the awsome results many people here are getting with the Menzema products and wanted to give them a try this time when I do swirl removal. I was thinking Menzema Intensive polish PO 91 E applied with a yellow LC pad followed by Menzema Final Polish PO 85 U applied with a LC white polishing pad. Does that sound right? OR would the MICRO polish be better for me? ALSO-I have some Red Moose Glaze-would that be ok to use after these or would I need to go with Menz-glaze? I want to finish the entire process with 2 coats of Pinnacle Souveran paste wax. Thanks in advance!

lethalxls1
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Wow! hahahaha I guess I will just buy what I mentioned and take my chances O well. hahaha.

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I would use the ip with an orange pad. You will need to work the 85rd for a long time to get great results. I would also suggest getting sip if you can wait to correct the paint. If not i would do what i said above. Also if you get the 85rd to work correctly for you there is no need for the glaze, reason being it will not enhance your results at all, that is why Menzerna is such a great polish. Then top with your souvern. If you have any other question just pm me and i will help you out.

lethalxls1
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks I really appreciate your help! I am not in a hurry so I will try what you mentioned-will be ordering in the next week or so. Do you think the Menzema is better then the XMT?

D
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Id probably go with IP or SIP with orange, then go over that with 106FF and a CCS blue pad.

Menzerna is 10000000x better then XMT.

lethalxls1
12-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok I have to go figure out these abbreviations LOL thanks!

lethalxls1
12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
^J/K! I am excited about trying it now that you mention how good it is.

D
12-02-2007, 10:33 PM
IP= Intensive Polish
SIP= Super Intensive Polish
106FF= Nano Polish
CCS= Lake Country CCS foam pads

And difference between SIP and IP is that SIP is created for scratch resistant clears, but they can be used on regular clears just fine. Other then that, I dont how IP reacts compared to SIP, Ive never used IP.

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-02-2007, 10:35 PM
There is no comparison between the two. Just remeber to work the 85rd for along time if that is what you are going to use. There is a few tricks to 85rd to get it to really work to its full potential.

lethalxls1
12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
106FF is the Nano polish - I dont think my car has a Nano particle clear cote on it-its a 98 Chevy z/28 that has been resprayed(I can tell because the trim along the door was painted)

lethalxls1
12-02-2007, 10:41 PM
OK just read above post you made thank you! Thanks for helpin out a new guy!

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-02-2007, 10:42 PM
It doesnt matter, will work on all other paints.

Z06-Goose
12-02-2007, 11:48 PM
106FF is the Nano polish - I dont think my car has a Nano particle clear cote on it-its a 98 Chevy z/28 that has been resprayed(I can tell because the trim along the door was painted)Even if it has been re-sprayed, the Menzerna line is body shop safe; meaning it will not harm your finish (when recently sprayed)

lethalxls1
12-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Well I think I am gonna go with the SIP with a Orange lc pad and then Nano. Thanks everyone! I will post before/after pics when I am done.

blk45
12-03-2007, 11:44 AM
There is a few tricks to 85rd to get it to really work to its full potential.

Such as?