PDA

View Full Version : Wet/dry vac size?

buddy01
05-13-2017, 08:07 AM
So my old 35 year old craftsman wet/dry 16 gallon vac finally died, actually it was my mothers because the vac is older then me lol. Which now means it is time to get a new one! The 16 gallon size I had was great, but probably not really needed, but who knows. The vac would be used for the truck/cars for sure, but also cleaning up around household ( not a household vac as the misses needed the best of the best shark vac for that :| ). What size would you guys recommend and even brand?

UltraDetail
05-13-2017, 09:03 AM
I use a the Ridgid 4Gal 6.0HP with detachable blower. Plenty of power to pick up large items usually found in interiors. Light weight and easily maneuverable. No complaints yet. I also have a Ridgid 12 Gal shop vac, but it's just too big to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

ShinyGC
05-15-2017, 08:17 AM
I use a 2.5 gallon shop vac (dedicated for detailing) nothing else. And after getting an 8' extension hose and a few extra brush heads, i couldn't ask for a better vac.

Mantilgh
05-15-2017, 08:28 AM
I use a the Ridgid 4Gal 6.0HP with detachable blower. Plenty of power to pick up large items usually found in interiors. Light weight and easily maneuverable. No complaints yet. I also have a Ridgid 12 Gal shop vac, but it's just too big to deal with.

I think this is what I'm getting when my 16 gal shopvac dies.

Shopvac has a similar sized one but it doesn't have a detachable blower. I don't use the blower that often, but it nice to have when you need it. Typically just for tires if they're still damp before tire dressings and to blow out remaining water before a correction.

Maybe I should pick up a SideKick.

buddy01
05-15-2017, 07:21 PM
Well looks like I don't need to worry, the lovely girlfriend bought me a rigid 14 gallon wet/dry today for my birthday. I don't mind the size because I'm use to my big craftsman so this doesn't bother me at all. Can't wait to clean my trucks interior now!