PDA

View Full Version : Polish and Waxes for dark colored cars question? Do they work any better than others?

robwoodgto
05-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Has anyone actually done comparisons on dark vehicles to be able to tell (I know, subjectively here) that one product works better than another? Example 3M Perfect-It- Foam Polishing Pad Glaze, or the Black Waxes, etc.

On my wife's dd black Acura MDX I currently use Megs 105/205, Megs #7, Megs ULW or Megs UFF depending upon my mood and I believe the car looks beautiful.

On my dd silver Sienna I will use Mothers Cleaner/Wax every 3-4 months with a white polishing pad and I am perfectly ok with that. Although I did pick me up some Mckee's 360 recently, and will be buying some HD Speed as well...just can't seem to stop.

Ron

WaxMaster1
05-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Typically products for dark/black cars have more polish in them (to reduce or remove swirl marks) and products for white/light colored cars have more compound for cleaning in them and making them "brighter"

robwoodgto
05-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Typically products for dark/black cars have more polish in them (to reduce or remove swirl marks) and products for white/light colored cars have more compound for cleaning in them and making them "brighter"

Sounds good to me. The way I see it is use a high quality product and one should be able to obtain the results wanted.
Ron