PDA

View Full Version : Clean and sealing trim by machine 1-step (future prediction)

mwoywod
05-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Hey guys, I was doing an AIO today on a Wrangler with HD Speed and was thinking about how my process could be improved or how I could save time and realized how much time I spend cleaning plastic/rubber, sealing plastic/rubber, and carefully avoiding it during the AIO polishing process.

While there are a few AIO products that already can be used for cleaning up and removing oxidized plastic/rubber material without staining, primarily poli-seal and GPS (though I've also used Speed and Essence on some trims with success) they aren't truly meant to be used on mostly smooth plastics and rubber.

My prediction is that in the next decade, one of the product manufacturers will produce an AIO product the is specifically intended to be used over ALL types of plastic and rubber to clean and seal them. As long as we don't induce too much heat, my prediction is that the AIO will be able to clean and protect paint then by simply dialing down machine speed without stopping you'll be able to safely clean and protect your TEXTURED/PEBBLE trim, rubber window seals, moldings, etc.

What do you guys think? Would that be something you guys would try?

FUNX650
05-12-2017, 10:52 PM
...my prediction is that the AIO will be
able to clean and protect paint

then by simply dialing down machine
speed without stopping

you'll be able to safely clean and protect
your TEXTURED/PEBBLE trim, rubber
window seals, moldings, etc.

What do you guys think?
My thoughts immediately turned to
pondering the type of buffing-pad it
will it take to go directly from machine
cleaning and protecting paint...to then
machine clean/protect the TEXTURED/PEBBLE
trim, rubber window seals, moldings, etc.

Bob

TMQ
05-13-2017, 12:04 AM
With the ever rapid technology being developed---Yes. It'll be here sooner than you think!

Tom

mwoywod
05-13-2017, 12:15 AM
My thoughts immediately turned to
pondering the type of buffing-pad it
will it take to go directly from machine
cleaning and protecting paint...to then
machine clean/protect the TEXTURED/PEBBLE
trim, rubber window seals, moldings, etc.

Bob

good point, I hadn't thought of that

fightnews
05-13-2017, 03:00 AM
Hey guys, I was doing an AIO today on a Wrangler with HD Speed and was thinking about how my process could be improved or how I could save time and realized how much time I spend cleaning plastic/rubber, sealing plastic/rubber, and carefully avoiding it during the AIO polishing process.

While there are a few AIO products that already can be used for cleaning up and removing oxidized plastic/rubber material without staining, primarily poli-seal and GPS (though I've also used Speed and Essence on some trims with success) they aren't truly meant to be used on mostly smooth plastics and rubber.

My prediction is that in the next decade, one of the product manufacturers will produce an AIO product the is specifically intended to be used over ALL types of plastic and rubber to clean and seal them. As long as we don't induce too much heat, my prediction is that the AIO will be able to clean and protect paint then by simply dialing down machine speed without stopping you'll be able to safely clean and protect your TEXTURED/PEBBLE trim, rubber window seals, moldings, etc.

What do you guys think? Would that be something you guys would try?

sounds like the natural progression. look how much better waterless washes are when you can use them on glass and plastic