PDA

View Full Version : Dang bugs!

Automoglow
05-12-2017, 01:08 PM
I got some bug splatter on the front bumper of my new car arghhhh... I washed it all off, but from certain angles I can still see the mark, but cant feel anything. Will something like this polish out? Any bug remove stuff I can get at autozone that is good for the future?

Bobby B.
05-12-2017, 01:21 PM
The bug splatter may have etched the paint surface. You can try a Polish or Cleaner Wax to help remove the marks in the paint.

Mantilgh
05-12-2017, 01:34 PM
I think Mike P's soaked towel method is pretty gentle.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/52910-tips-tricks-how-remove-dried-bug-spatter-bug-guts.html

Sometimes I'll presoak customers cars with a light dilution of APC and/or use a bug sponge.

Automoglow
05-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Well I just received some goodies and it included Wolfgang finishing glaze and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0... so I'm going to do a full detail on it tomorrow.

IF I have some light wash marks from the dealer would a B&S blue pad be best, anyone use this combo?

Automoglow
05-25-2017, 01:51 PM
Finally got around to using it... I polished with the WFG on a blue b&S pad $ sealed with WG deep gloss. The car came out really nice, but still seen a lot of the micro scratches. I'm thinking I should have used a more aggressive pad.

Tasmania
05-26-2017, 12:32 AM
After you clean off all the bugs do what i do and put a little bit of Detail spray on the front bumper and side mirrors
to make the next clean up easy.

Or just spray some clear plasti dip for the spring/summer come winter peel it off ''EASY'' =)