PDA

View Full Version : M66 separation

RN SHARK
05-08-2017, 12:28 PM
So I last used my M66 about 1 month ago, no problems. It is in a generic application bottle bought here and stored in a cabinet in my garage. I live in Raleigh, so no recent freezing or crazy hot temps. The large gallon container is on a shelf in my garage.
So I went to use it today and the contents of the applicator bottle was all separated, a blue liquid and the cream. I could not get it to reconstitute, so I tossed it. I checked the large container and it was fine. I called Meguiar's hotline, but they were not helpful.
So my question is, has this happened to anyone and if so, why, and can I prevent it? I hate to waste that much product.

Buster906
05-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Is the temperature constant where you store your detailing supplies?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cruzscarwash
05-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Happens again mine all the time but I live in the desert and I have always been able to just shake it and then I'm good to go

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

RN SHARK
05-08-2017, 12:52 PM
The temps in my garage range from 60-80. So, pretty constant. Unfortunately I was not able to get it to mix back together. I even tried stirring it.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Buster906
05-08-2017, 12:57 PM
You know that generic bottle is probably the cause, not designed for chemicals. Get some chemical resistant bottles

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk