PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Cq vs Cq UK... Differences? New versions?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
05-06-2017, 08:14 PM
So again still looking around for a coating most likely this year. I see or have seen here and there that there is a new version. I was afraid of using a costing outside as it's flash time would either too fast or too slow. I was also afraid of fallout and pollen sticking to the paint.

So I've seen that CQ has a newer version out? I can't find anything solid on it. Do you guys have any experience with either version? I live in MD so it's about to be early summer now by the time I can get to it...

Thanks guys.

MarkD51
05-06-2017, 09:29 PM
I haven't heard of any new CQuartz version, but I could be wrong.

With my use of CQ UK, trust me when I tell you, this isn't a product in which you have to use and apply it in a NASA clean room.

Of course one wouldn't want to apply a coating in a desert dust storm with white out gale force winds like we have here often, but CQ UK doesn't go on, and then stay wet, even a minute or so later like you just spread Molasses or Honey on the paint, and have to worry about cruds, dusts, pollen, etc. bonding to it.

Aaryn NZ
05-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Hey, good question. :xyxthumbs:

There is a really good diagram/graph explaining the differences between the C.Quartz Coating range but I don't have access to it right now . . . Maybe Avi could post ot onto this thread for people to see.
As far as the "new" coatings - There are two completely new coatings available for Authorized Installers, C.Quartz Professional & C.Quartz Finest Reserve.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

The Guz
05-06-2017, 09:44 PM
The only new version I've seen is cquartz professional. As it's stated it's for authorized installers.

Other than that nothing has changed.

DARK HORSE
05-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Hey, good question. :xyxthumbs:

There is a really good diagram/graph explaining the differences between the C.Quartz Coating range but I don't have access to it right now . . . Maybe Avi could post ot onto this thread for people to see.
As far as the "new" coatings - There are two completely new coatings available for Authorized Installers, C.Quartz Professional & C.Quartz Finest Reserve.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

Here you go...

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u486/amiracledetailing/Carpro/CQuartz%20Chart.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u486/amiracledetailing/Carpro/CQuartz%20UK-Chart.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u486/amiracledetailing/Carpro/CQ-Pro-Chart.jpg

MrOneEyedBoh
05-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Thanks. So I guess it's safe to use outside...

vobro
05-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Thanks. So I guess it's safe to use outside...
If the temps are much higher than 70 the CQUK will flash immediately, work small sections and test.the CQ Classic will give you longer work time in warmer temps. Both are top notch, just do a 2x2 test area to verify when to remove residue when you start

MrOneEyedBoh
05-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Yeah I'll most likely go with the cquartz standard.

bodidly
05-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Go both baby... UK as base with Classic on top!

MrOneEyedBoh
05-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Out of control... Lol

MrOneEyedBoh
05-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Do you typically need more suedes then what comes in the pack?

They come with the block and suedes right?

AutowerxDetailing
05-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Do you typically need more suedes then what comes in the pack?

They come with the block and suedes right?

It depends on how fast you are at applying the coating. After about 10-15 mins the coating will start to harden and "cure" in the applicator suede so you'll need to switch to a new applicator every so often otherwise everything gets really sticky/tacky and difficult to level and wipe off. It usually takes me about an hour to apply one layer of CQ to a vehicle so I go through about 4 suedes per layer. I switch to a new block and new applicator at the beginning of the next layer.

DARK HORSE
05-08-2017, 11:40 AM
If the temps are much higher than 70 the CQUK will flash immediately, work small sections and test.the CQ Classic will give you longer work time in warmer temps. Both are top notch, just do a 2x2 test area to verify when to remove residue when you start
^^This is great advice. If working outside or at warmer temps. I'd use CQ Original.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

MrOneEyedBoh
05-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Thanks. I hate choosing between this or that. I already have McKees coating here, just afraid to use it because of the issue since seen from members here.

The Guz
05-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Thanks. I hate choosing between this or that. I already have McKees coating here, just afraid to use it because of the issue since seen from members here.

Try the McKee's on one area and if you don't like it then go the cquartz route.