PDA

View Full Version : Removing Cover-All Trim Dressing product

72Malibu
05-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Needing advice. Took the Queens Acura MDX to the shop a few months ago. They usually do a quick wash and shine before giving it back. Looked fine when I left, it was clean (for the most part). Tires and trim had a shine to them.
Well....after all this time and multiple attempts, i cannot get the product they used, off the trim. When I run my hand on it, a cleaning rag or shine, the existing product balls up like an old cheap glue like a bumpersticker or such would leave behind. Make sense?
I contacted the dealer and the product used is called Cover-All. They said they have never had a complaint, but I'm guessing very few of their customers do their own detailing. I've used soap/water, superclean, tire cleaner, denatured alcohol, mineral spirits, my own concoction I've used for years, of super clean/trim-tire dressing mix and a brush, GooGone, plastic cleaner, and some other products I should be hung for using on the plastic trim. Nothing seems to remove it.
Any thoughts?
I thank you in advance.

Dan K
05-06-2017, 02:38 PM
A quick search shows that it is made by Superior Products. I would go to their site and contact them for advice.

I've had to remove nasty dressings before, but have not come across what you are describing. Sorry I do not have any suggestions of what to use, as it looks as though you have tried everything that I would recommend.

72Malibu
05-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Old people have problems Dan K. Hadn't thought of that. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

72Malibu
10-02-2018, 10:50 AM
I do apologize for not updating this in a reasonable time. Got ahold of Cover-All and they were of no help. The dressing finally just wore off after a multitude of washings.

Sorry for the delay.

Setec Astronomy
10-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Thanks for updating.