PDA

View Full Version : McKees 37 360

shineocd
05-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Ordered McKees 37 360 for a AIO product. Never tried it before. Using a Megs MT 300 and I have Megs MF and foam pads of various colors. What is your recommendation using the 360 with which pad/s and what speed on the MT 300 for a starting point?

ScottH
05-06-2017, 01:37 PM
I typically use 360 with orange lake country heavy cutting pad when I know I need to make corrections more than just dealing with oxidation and a white otherwise. Speed on my polisher ranges from 5-6 for greater correction and 4 when just needing to brighten the paint or when using 360 after a heavier compound session.

ScottH

damaged442
05-08-2017, 10:49 AM
I have used the older XMT version with both orange and white Lake Country pads with good luck. Try test spots to see what will work best for your application.

Mike Phillips
05-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Ordered McKees 37 360 for a AIO product.

Never tried it before.

Using a Megs MT 300 and I have Megs MF and foam pads of various colors.

What is your recommendation using the 360 with which pad/s and what speed on the MT 300 for a starting point?

For a starting point, start with foam "polishing" pads.

In the world there are,

Foam cutting
Foam polishing
Foam finishing
Foam Waxing
Foam jeweling

Start with foam polishing when trying to do ONE step. More aggressive pads will give more correction but "can" lead to micro-marring on softer paints. You might only see it on darker paints but if it's happening on dark colors it can happen on all colors it's just you might not see it.

Read my article here,

How to choose and use a one-step cleaner/wax by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/81546-how-choose-one-step-cleaner-wax.html)

Second time I've shared the above article today.

:)

Mike Phillips
05-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Also...

I if you use microfiber pads, be sure to chemically strip your test spot and look for micro-marring.

Fibers are an abrasive and can cause micro-marring when used on orbital polishers.

One-step cleaner/waxes like McKee's 360 or 3D HD Speed are products that include a wax or sealant and it is this ingredient that will fill in and hide micro-marring. So test and inspect before buffing out an entire car with any microfiber pad.

:)

shineocd
05-10-2017, 01:31 PM
For a starting point, start with foam "polishing" pads.

In the world there are,

Foam cutting
Foam polishing
Foam finishing
Foam Waxing
Foam jeweling

Start with foam polishing when trying to do ONE step. More aggressive pads will give more correction but "can" lead to micro-marring on softer paints. You might only see it on darker paints but if it's happening on dark colors it can happen on all colors it's just you might not see it.

Read my article here,

How to choose and use a one-step cleaner/wax by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/81546-how-choose-one-step-cleaner-wax.html)

Second time I've shared the above article today.

:)Thank you Mike.