PDA

View Full Version : Water Spot Problem using a DA and MF cutting pad

blackinnova
05-06-2017, 04:44 AM
Hello, i recently use menz 3in1 polish (AIO) with my DA and MF cutting pad, manage to wipe off some of the water spots but in certain area (the same section that i work on) they remain and cannot be buffed away, some of them are like "bond" to the clear coat. what am i doing wrong here? is it because I'm using used MF cutting pad? I washed my MF pad and let it dry the day before, and use it in dry condition. What are your suggestions, do I need to step up my product or even doing it with a rotary buffer?

Note: there are also some swirls left behind after the polishing step, sorry cannot provide you with any photos.

LEDetailing
05-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Sounds like you are going to need to step up to a more aggressive polish/compound. I've had good luck with Menzerna FG400 and Griots Garage fast cut compound. You may need to follow up with a finer polish and a finishing foam pad after compounding.

blackinnova
05-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Sounds like you are going to need to step up to a more aggressive polish/compound. I've had good luck with Menzerna FG400 and Griots Garage fast cut compound. You may need to follow up with a finer polish and a finishing foam pad after compounding.

Thanks for the advice, i only got menz Pg1000 and PF2500 for compound and polishing. Will these two work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerix
05-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Watch this video about water spots

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8oLSfLxiPLo

LEDetailing
05-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Yes, I'd start with the PF2500 and polishing pad, see how that works. Then try 2500 with MF pad. Last I'd try the MF with PG1000. I'm guessing the PG1000 and MF will be winning combo to remove remaining water spots. I have PG1000 it's a good in between compound/polish. PG1000 most likely will require a finer polish like 2500 with a foam pad to finish it down.

Best of luck.