PDA

View Full Version : May I visit Autogeek for advice?

17gs
05-06-2017, 04:35 AM
Hello,
I live about two hours north and would like to know if I make the drive down to Autogeek, will you be able to look at my car (2017 Corvette), provide advice on what products to use for scratch removal (Caused by improper washing by someone else) and do a small test section with those products to ensure they get the job done so I don't have to make two trips? I've tried Blackfire Total Polish and Seal with a Griot's DA and Lake Country CCS White and Green pads. No luck. Also tried the DA with Griot's Orange Pads and Griot's Fast Correcting Cream, but still see light scratches. I would truly appreciate your help. Thank you! Jennifer

VISITOR
05-06-2017, 05:02 AM
jennifer,
i would call nick & joe from mckee's 37 which if i'm not mistaken is in the same building complex as AG and get some advice from them too. not to mention, joe is very familiar with the GG DA and can help guide you to what you need to accomplish and the same can be said for Nick as well...

contact Joe at 844-852-5300 or 772-708-7289 OR Nick at 1-844-852-5300

Mckee's 37
7744 SW Jack James Drive
Stuart, FL 34997

McKee's 37 (http://www.mckees37.com)

btw, welcome to AGO! :)

17gs
05-06-2017, 05:37 AM
Thank you so much!

Eric@CherryOnTop
05-06-2017, 06:04 AM
Yup, Autogeek rocks for stuff like that. Total Polish and Seal is a very light abrasive product and Corvettes are known for having hard paint systems. You will most likely need a more aggressive compound to remove your defects.

Here's an example. The picture in my avatar is a 1932 Ford. I was in the market to upgrade my polisher from a Porter Cable to either a Flex or a Rupes. I was vacationing in Daytona Beach and reached out to Mike and we worked it out where I could make the trip down to Autogeek and try out both polishers on this awesome yellow Ford. I got to spend about an hour in the show car garage, got an awesome tour of the whole facility and got to try for myself both polishers before I decided on one (I chose the Flex, but also got a Rupes down the line, they are both excellent machines). Where else gives you that kind of opportunity?