PDA

View Full Version : I really want to jump on the bandwagon but....

rockford33
05-05-2017, 02:46 PM
So I haven't been detailing much the past 2-3 years, other things in life have taken over and my time is fairly limited for serious detailing anymore.

Anyway, I have an interest in spray on coatings (Hydro2 Lite, Gyeon Wetcoat, etc.) that are a simple spray on, hose off application. I know it won't have the longevity of a true coating (Hydro2, EXO, etc.), but I am ok with that. My question is, what are these types of spray on coatings advantages over a simple spray wax/sealant? I currently use DG Aquawax (still have 3/4 of a gallon left) that I use after every other wash. I also have a mostly full bottle of Collinite 845 and a full bottle of McKees 360 (which I never got to use last fall after I ordered it...).

Other than longevity, what do these spray coatings provide that my current arsenal doesn't? Comparing AW to Hydro2 Lite for instance, Hydro2 Lite will probably last longer, but also is also more per ounce (almost 3 times more if I did my math right). What is the real advantage? Both are easy to use, both perform great. Are the new spray coatings more scratch resistant, more UV protection? Just trying to figure out if is worth jumping in, or waiting to use up what I have and then see what is appealing at that time (which could be awhile....).

Thanks,
Neil

ducksfan
05-05-2017, 03:32 PM
They're really easy to use. I've only used them for wheels.

As far as your other products, I almost always use a base sealant under waxes. This would probably work real well for that use. But, so would the McKees 360 (just more work to apply).