PDA

View Full Version : CR Spoitless Foam Gun Pressure Washing and Iron Questions

thebouncer
05-05-2017, 07:29 AM
Hoping someone can answer this as I am a bit unclear.

I am looking at getting the CR spotless system. Also looking at a foam gun and pressure washer ? can all of these be hooked up together my water last I knew was around 8 for hardness on a scale of 1 - 10 or around 220 TDS. There is also iron in my water because the main water supply lines are old cast iron.

The reason I am thinking of connecting all of this together is so that I can blast the car with DI water foam , then use a Clay Wash mitt like the Cobra or Nanoskin, then rinse with DI water. Was thinking this way ensures I have no contaminants in the water or do I also need some sort of a filter ahead of the CR spotless to remove iron and is my idea right on this or is it pointless to run DI water with a foam cannon?

Angus
05-05-2017, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't recommend using the CR spotless system all the way through, it's really mean as a final rinse so you don't have to worry about water spots. You'll end up spending a ton on resin refills. Instead look into a whole house filtration system - I have one since we have iron bactera in our well - 5 micron filters will take care of removing the rust. Since you have hard water you may also want to look into a water softening system too. Hope that helps.

chet31
05-06-2017, 11:30 PM
^ Agree. The soapy water is not going to dry on your car. So it's OK if that is hard water. Save the CR Spotless water for the rinse before drying, that's where you need it, and you won't have to buy as many cartridges.