PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a safe but effective wheel cleaner

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Crispy
05-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Yea, my trusty wheel brush that I get @the 99cent only store. [it looks like the Mothers Wheel Brush] but I bearly needed to do any scrubbing.

•I somewhat disagree on the part of the
above statement regarding pH neutrality
of organic solutions.

TO WIT:

I.
Isn't the concept of pH, technically, based
on the logarithm of the auto-ionization of
water (i.e., of its equilibrium process)?

II.
Most pH measurement processes
are not extensible to organic solvents.

III.
Most organic solvents are not
conductive, to any appreciable extent
(having large resistivity).

Bob
Bob are you serious?

willowcat11
05-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Guys, with all these new products, where would you place Meguiars D143 or the Megs Wheel and Tire Cleaner in caparison with these other products cleaning abilities.

I ask it, because it's cheaper than most, but still seems to do a decent job. Just where does it fall on the cleaning ability chart?

Thanks all!

Ray

Setec Astronomy
05-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Doesn't have a strong scent compared to other iron wheel cleaners. I found it not only smells better than DUB but also performs better. It's not that weird once you see it working lol. The nice thing about it is the gel gives it the ability to cling to the surface. It changes color pretty fast too.

Thanks for that info. Methinks this has a different active ingredient than the other color-change wheel cleaners, based on the smell and the runoff color. I might have to give this a shot since there is an hour left in the sale.

vobro
05-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Thanks for that info. Methinks this has a different active ingredient than the other color-change wheel cleaners, based on the smell and the runoff color. I might have to give this a shot since there is an hour left in the sale.

Maybe so, it is a really good wheel cleaner. The low run off rate really works but I gotta disagree with Guz on the fast acting color change. I've used about 3/4 of a gallon of this and I find it changes color pretty slow but the good part is it doesn't dry up and leaves a long work time.(I've used it in temps from 40-70, maybe that has something to do with the slower to bleed time?) The smell isn't as strong and doesn't linger

wantboost
05-06-2017, 12:43 AM
so flash royal brown will remove the brown and clean the rims . what others products do the similar thing?
(how come other flash products aren't really talkabout... )

Route246
05-06-2017, 01:52 AM
•I somewhat disagree on the part of the
above statement regarding pH neutrality
of organic solutions.

TO WIT:

I.
Isn't the concept of pH, technically, based
on the logarithm of the auto-ionization of
water (i.e., of its equilibrium process)?

II.
Most pH measurement processes
are not extensible to organic solvents.

III.
Most organic solvents are not
conductive, to any appreciable extent
(having large resistivity).

Bob

You quoted my words. I did not say solvent and even if I did I mischaracterized it. I specifically said solution, as in aqueous solution. Organic base solution might include ammonia while an inorganic acidic solution might include acetic acid (vinegar). Water is a neutral inorganic solvent, BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
05-06-2017, 08:28 AM
You quoted my words.

I did not say solvent and even
if I did I mischaracterized it.
Words have meanings.

Saying what you mean at the
onset should result in fewer
mischaracterizations on your part...
and fewer misunderstandings
on mine. :)

Bob

SANTA3013
05-06-2017, 08:45 AM
so flash royal brown will remove the brown and clean the rims . what others products do the similar thing?
(how come other flash products aren't really talkabout... )

My guess would be because Flash products are not offered by Autogeek.

Route246
05-10-2017, 01:51 AM
Words have meanings.

Saying what you mean at the
onset should result in fewer
mischaracterizations on your part...
and fewer misunderstandings
on mine. :)

Bob

I went back and read what I said. I was correct from the start and never mention solvent, that was your insertion of the term.

idriveblackcars
05-10-2017, 05:48 AM
I went back and read what I said. I was correct from the start and never mention solvent, that was your insertion of the term.

Don't get sucked into the "Bob" Vortex. He spins it every time.

FUNX650
05-10-2017, 08:07 AM

:laughing:

Bob

PaulMys
05-10-2017, 10:18 PM

Very well may I add.