PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on coatings for black!

Hghlndr85
05-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Hey guys. Im a lurker now newbie. Been detailing for 13 years now.i work for my self as a 2nd job. I have a 2017 black gt mustang that i want to but a nano sealant or coating on.i plan on claying and giving it a light cut then seal. I want something very hard that will resist as much damage to the new black paint as possible. Ive narrowed it down to a few. Lmk what your opinions are. I want something simple and easy to work with. I will probably use megs 205 or ultimate polish unless you have better opinions. Heres what i was looking at.
PA cosmic coat
Viking coating
Optimum gloss coat
Pinnacle black

The Guz
05-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I haven't used polish angel but I'd choose gloss coat over PBL. It's more durable than PBL.

ronkh57
05-04-2017, 06:41 PM
I get really worried when someone says they want a coating for scratch/mar resistance... Nothing replaces good wash/dry technique.

If you want hard, in polish angel line it's cosmic then spritzed with cosmic spritz during cure time.

Deeper richer look in pa would be Viking coat topped with Viking spritz.

Mike went over the other two.

Hghlndr85
05-04-2017, 07:33 PM
I do use 2 bucket wash method with a air dryer.

Hghlndr85
05-06-2017, 12:33 AM
no other input? whats easiest to use

tpr1634
05-06-2017, 04:59 AM
I can only say that I have gloss coat on my tuxedo black F150 it is easy to use, just as easy to apply as opti-seal.

Eric@CherryOnTop
05-06-2017, 06:09 AM
I agree with Ron. Don't buy into claims of increased scratch resistance with a coating. I've never seen it play out that way in real life. Of those in your list, I've used PBL with good results. I had no issues with durability. That type of problem usually results from improper care of the coating or a buildup of road film which regular car wash soap does not remove and masks the properties of the coating itself.