PDA

View Full Version : Opti Gloss Coat One Section per Day

AspireApex
05-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Hey guys,

Got a unique question for you that sounds like it is common sense, but just wanted to confirm:

I have a medical condition which makes it difficult to sustain long periods of physical activity. That being said, I am trying to opti gloss coat my car myself. I know it's a lot of work, so what are your thoughts of breaking up each section by one day? Front, R side, L side, Rear, roof. This way, I can concentrate and focus on each section. I'm worried about the opti gloss coat applicator - is it still good to use after a day of using opti gloss coat? Newbie to all of this, would love your advice. Thank you!

WillSports3
05-03-2017, 07:01 PM
If you have ONR, just wash out the applicator in a bucket of ONR and let it dry after you've thoroughly squeezed and wrung the applicator out a few times.

Typerx
05-03-2017, 08:19 PM
I personally would just cut the applicator into 5 sections. You don't need that huge applicator for a panel - it really wastes too much product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AspireApex
05-03-2017, 08:24 PM
I personally would just cut the applicator into 5 sections. You don't need that huge applicator for a panel - it really wastes too much product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys - could i just buy a new applicator? And where?

spazzz
05-03-2017, 10:37 PM
You should try the microsuedes and car pro block method.
You can cut a 16 x 16 micro suede into 16, 4 x 4s for the applicator. That way you can use a new 4 x 4 whenever you apply gloss coat.