PDA

View Full Version : No longer in Germany...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Well the time has come for me to move on from the Air Force and come back home to family. I wont get into to many specifics other than I served my time in the military and have retired from the Air Force. I have lived in Germany for a total of 7 years of my career at two different locations. My last location was under 50 miles from the infamous Nürburgring. I have spent quite a few weekends at the Ring both as a spectator as well as driving the Green Hell in my own BMW. I surely will miss Germany/Europe and all it has to offer. Especially the driving in Germany. I have toured quite a bit of Europe and have even posted threads about my adventures in Europe.

Now that I am back home in Saint Louis with family, I can focus more on things here around family as I am here with everyone after a long time away from home. It will be a different change of pace for me now as I no longer get up to put my military uniform on and report to work. I flew home back on the 20th of March and am looking to starting rooting down here. It will be very nice being able to settled in without worry of someday having to move when Uncle Sam needs me in another location.

While I was in the Air Force I was in the vehicle Maintenance area working on various types of equipment ranging from passenger sedans and trucks to large busses, tractor trailers, dump trucks, as well as specialized equipment such as snow removal equipment and air craft servicing vehicles. I have spent half of my time in the body shop repairing and painting damaged vehicles. Here I learned a great deal as body work is so labor intensive. The body shop really help get me set up for detailing as I know everything under the clear coat whereas as a detailer we only know from the clear coat and up.

With the information that I have learned I will take it and use it now in my civilian side and start working on getting my detailing up and going. It will be challenging at first as I have to start from scratch with getting a customer base and information out about me. I am also starting a new job next week with a trucking company as a mechanic and look forward to bringing my experience to work for them. The great thing is I work 4 10's and always having a 3 day weekend. This will give me plenty of time to do my detailing on the side.

I haven't been as active lately because of my recent transition but am looking to get back to where I was before and time goes by and can get more settled in.

I have also received my BMW's from Germany as well as my detailing gear. Man, what a change of pace driving here and all the traffic we never had in Germany.

I wanted to share a little about myself as I have had a few pm's asking whats going on with me during my away times from the forum. Thanks for following along and I look forward to getting back in the groove.

:)

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2017, 10:29 AM
Wow, big changes. Here's wishing you good luck with your new (old) location, new job, and new life!

RaydiantDetail
05-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Welcome home, and best of luck with everything!

Hammer77
05-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Welcome Home, thank you for your service. Best of luck on your future adventures!

Pats300zx
05-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Welcome Home Mike !!!

Sizzle Chest
05-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Mike, exciting news! Glad you made it back safely and that you are now starting a new chapter in your life! Very cool! I look forward to seeing your progress 'back home' with your detailing as well as any future posts that you make.

Best of luck, enjoy your 'retirement' and have fun!

Heisenberg
05-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Welcome back! Hope there's no flooding issues where you're at.

andy0902
05-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Welcome back to the USA, and thank you for your years of service to our country. Best of luck with your future.

tpr1634
05-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Welcome back to the states thanks for your service

Jaretr1
05-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Welcome back. Thanks for your service. Look forward to US based reviews from you now as they were always excellent!

Cruzscarwash
05-03-2017, 11:13 AM
First and foremost thank you for serving our country.

20 or more years in the military is a long time and not having a place to put roots can he difficult. Glad to hear you are already starting a new oath and I wish you the best in your new adventures

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

oneheadlite
05-03-2017, 11:24 AM
I can't say it better than is already been said, but I have to say it anyway- Thank you for your dedication and for serving.

Glad to hear you've got a full time gig while you get your detailing going! Having seen your work on here, I hope word spreads quickly what a talent there is in your area now!

Welcome home!

fly07sti
05-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Welcome home Mike. Thank you for all your forum contributions and your service to this great Nation.

Paul A.
05-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Welcome home, Mike and that's great news. It's always good to get back home and be closer to old friends and family. Thank you for your service and dedicating a huge part of your life to me, my family and our country.

and as was said above...just wait till the local auto enthusiast market learns of the huge talent that just returned!

I wish you and your family the best of everything in your new job(s) and relocation.

LEDetailing
05-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Thank you for your service. Welcome back home. Enjoy your retirement, you definitely earned it. Do you have any video/photos of you lapping the Ring? That sounds like a blast.