PDA

View Full Version : Audi s4 nappa silk leather

jw330r
05-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Hi all,

I am trying to find a good cleaner and conditioner for my seats but all everyone recommends is lexol. I don't want a shiny look or squeaky feel to them after cleaned and conditioned. I'm looking for a matte finish honestly. Not sure if there is anything out there for this type of leather as i know it is more of a synthetic type of material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
05-03-2017, 11:27 AM
I don't have the same style of leather on any of my vehicles, but I really like to use McKee’s 37 All In One Leather Lotion (http://www.autogeek.net/mckee-leather-lotion.html) to clean/condition the leather. For a protectant/maintenance product, my current favorite is McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/dp380.html)

ScottH
05-03-2017, 12:21 PM
McKees AIO for leather is amazing - FYI strong smell of leather too

ScottH

nymisano
05-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Leather Master line seems to provide the closest to what you are looking for. Thats all I use on my RS4 nappa silk leather.

Hi all,

I am trying to find a good cleaner and conditioner for my seats but all everyone recommends is lexol. I don't want a shiny look or squeaky feel to them after cleaned and conditioned. I'm looking for a matte finish honestly. Not sure if there is anything out there for this type of leather as i know it is more of a synthetic type of material.

jw330r
05-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Thanks mate

jw330r
05-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Leather Master line seems to provide the closest to what you are looking for. Thats all I use on my RS4 nappa silk leather.

This kit should work?

http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html

Hokie335i
05-03-2017, 05:44 PM
When I had my B8.5 Audi S4 with the Nappa Leather seats, I used Optimum leather protectant and was happy with the finish it left. Matte and not slick at all.

jw330r
05-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Thanks I'll have the check that out as well

conman1395
05-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Lexol conditioner sucks. Lexol cleaner isn't bad, but it's not that good either.

I'll recommend HD Protect, it's great for leather and everything plastic in the interior.

parsed
05-04-2017, 09:11 AM
I spoke to Audi North America about this as there seems to be a lot of misinformation out there about their Silk Nappa leather. Their response:

"The leather in our vehicles is not urethane coated. However, we always recommend using the Audi specified cleaner for the leather surfaces."

Of course they're going to recommend their own product. The important bit to know is that their product is re-branded Leather Masters. I've used Leather Masters on my B7 and B8 S4 with nothing but great results.

FUNX650
05-04-2017, 11:14 AM
I spoke to Audi North America...

The important bit to know is that their
product is re-branded Leather Masters.

:xyxthumbs:

Bob

jw330r
05-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Thanks parsed and by using their products we have to pay a markup for the same product!