PDA

View Full Version : McKees 37 N-914

Pages : [1] 2

01svtL
05-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Looking at using a rinseless wash for my car that has the McKees ceramic coating applied. I just want to clear up the dillution ratios for the 37 N-914 wash. So if I have a spray bottle that takes 32oz of liquid, I need to do 1/4 oz of McKees to 32oz of water for a quick detail spray? Is that correct?

Nick McKees37
05-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Looking at using a rinseless wash for my car that has the McKees ceramic coating applied. I just want to clear up the dillution ratios for the 37 N-914 wash. So if I have a spray bottle that takes 32oz of liquid, I need to do 1/4 oz of McKees to 32oz of water for a quick detail spray? Is that correct?

That's correct. ;)

robwoodgto
05-02-2017, 05:34 PM
N-914 works great. Depending on what I am going to be doing I sometimes will use Rinse Free Wash and Wax and it works really well too. Ron

LSNAutoDetailing
05-02-2017, 07:16 PM
If I were you I'd look up 5 Gallon Containers on google, probably using the phrase "industrial cleaning supplies" (IIRC, AGO doesn't sell 5Gal containers).
Use distilled water and then work out your dilution. It's easier working with more product than trying to figure out 1 Part of 32 ounces... If you know what I mean. :)

This way, as you need a refill, just refill the spray bottle. You could probably have a few 5 gal containers for different dilutions.

01svtL
05-02-2017, 11:48 PM
If I were you I'd look up 5 Gallon Containers on google, probably using the phrase "industrial cleaning supplies" (IIRC, AGO doesn't sell 5Gal containers).
Use distilled water and then work out your dilution. It's easier working with more product than trying to figure out 1 Part of 32 ounces... If you know what I mean. :)

This way, as you need a refill, just refill the spray bottle. You could probably have a few 5 gal containers for different dilutions.

Can you clarify what you mean? Can you link to a container that you're talking about?

AZpolisher15
05-03-2017, 12:51 AM
Can you clarify what you mean? Can you link to a container that you're talking about?

Unless you're doing this as a business, 5 gallon buckets is probably not the route you want to go. I think you're on the right track mixing one bottle at a time.

DBAILEY
05-03-2017, 03:17 AM
It is simple math. Has to be easier to take a minute to figure out the math than go buy a bunch of 5 gallon jugs.

fightnews
05-03-2017, 06:57 AM
It's a 1/4 ounce per quarter or 7.5 mil which is 1 teaspoon I believe. I always us more because it seems like such a small amount I feel like it can't do anything. A quarts 32oz if u didn't know

FUNX650
05-03-2017, 09:38 AM
It's a 1/4 ounce per quarter or 7.5 mil
which is 1 teaspoon I believe.

I always us more because it seems
like such a small amount I feel like
it can't do anything.

Yes...
You should use more than 1.0 tsp.,
if obtaining .25oz. is the goal.

Bob

The Guz
05-03-2017, 01:14 PM

I would agree with this. It solves the problem of trying to figure out how much to dilute in smaller containers.

I make 1 gallon of N914 waterless wash at a time. I store them in empty bottles along with the spray bottle that I use. No need to worry about how much to put in a 32 oz bottle that way. When I run low I just fill it up with the stock of N914 that I have. Saves time in the long run.

I do the same with a rinseless wash. I will make it ahead of time and store it in the bucket with a gamma seal lid. Always available when I need it.

01svtL
05-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Just mixed it. I used about 1/3 oz to 34 oz of water. The mix is still almost clear. Just a hint of blue in the water. Amazing that's all it takes....

oneheadlite
05-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Just mixed it. I used about 1/3 oz to 34 oz of water. The mix is still almost clear. Just a hint of blue in the water. Amazing that's all it takes....

I feel that way any time I do rinseless/waterless mixes at low volume. I'll mix up little 3oz spritzers to have at work. When you dilute for that little water, there's virtually no concentrate in there. But you can tell it's working!

swanicyouth
05-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Dis be how is do it...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170506/68e68a9edd930e34a88a89c4d19d8823.jpg

Get yourself a 60 cc catheter or "luer slip tip" syringe. Supper easy, accurate, & cheap. You can measure any runny liquid from 1-60mls.

When I use Mckees RW, I simply stick the tip & draw out 8cc & squirt it in a 32oz bottle of DI water.

01svtL
05-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Awesome thanks guys. Will be trying after the sun goes down.

kkritsilas
05-06-2017, 07:29 PM
I would just get a gallon size bottle of distilled water, add 1 oz. (a shot glass full) of the N-914 to the distilled water bottle, put the cap on the bottle, shave well, and add a label that says "N-914 Quick Detailer" or "Rinseless Wash" as the case may be. Then fill your spray bottles from the pre-mixed gallon container. Shake before you fill your spray bottles. Not much calculation, and easy to see the amount left.

Kostas