PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 how agressive is it (using on 3 year old car)

Pages : [1] 2

wantboost
05-02-2017, 11:27 AM
I will be using a handjobber i have yellow and whitw pads .
I'm a newbie here I'm kind of afraid to use the Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 on this fairly nice paint cause it says it has a compound in it?? I also have Poorboy's Polish W/Carnauba Wax that says it will remove swirl marks... so I'm curious what u guys think... it's for a Lexus which has a soft paint or clear??

mbkite
05-02-2017, 11:32 AM
I used the 3 in 1 on a ratty black Hyundai for a 1 step and it came out great with oarnge cutting pad
The only real sujestions I can tell u is to do a test spot start with soft pad and work up to a harder pad if u need it..
hyundai had soft paint..

parttimer
05-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Am I reading you are doing this by hand? If you are, you will have inconsistent results at best. Oh, and your arms will fall off.

wantboost
05-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Am I reading you are doing this by hand? If you are, you will have inconsistent results at best. Oh, and your arms will fall off.

Yes for this car i am

bcgreen
05-02-2017, 03:54 PM
I wonder how it compares to HD Speed or Griot's One-Step Sealant?

vobro
05-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Menz 3 in 1 can have pretty good cut and leaves a nice glossy finish. When working by hand you won't see the products full potential. Same for the Poorboys product, cuts less than the Menz. I wouldn't want to do it by hand,

dennis hiip
05-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Suggest getting a DA polisher. You will get better results. Cheap Harbor Freight is about $50. It's not great but adequate. Better yet get Groits or Porter-Cable.
Then polishing becomes fun and not arduous

VISITOR
05-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Suggest getting a DA polisher. You will get better results. Cheap Harbor Freight is about $50. It's not great but adequate. Better yet get Groits or Porter-Cable.
Then polishing becomes fun and not arduous

agreed, if money is an issue (if not get the GG6) get the HF DA and buy the backing plate and pads here at AG. interesting video on the HF DA, not as cheap as some may think. go to youtube and watch the video ---> " Teardown: Harbor Freight dual action polisher review "

rlmccarty2000
05-02-2017, 08:03 PM
I found the Menz 3 in 1 to be a medium cut AOI. If you are looking for less cut the Britemax AOI is a good one.

parttimer
05-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Funny thing about the HF unit. That thing is a workhorse for as cheap as it is. I bought one while in Florida on vacation to work on my parents vehicles. I got put on the spot last time to detail a Mustang that was inherited. I only had the HF unit. I use IGL coatings so I called my guy, got a Kenzo kit ordered, Americana pads from them as well. I have no polish, no towels, nada. Went to Autozone and got a Mothers paint prep thing, Griotts correcting compound and some cheap towels. Total budget detail, I spent $240 or so, $160 of which was the Kenzo and turned this thing out:

MattPersman
05-03-2017, 11:56 AM
By hand not that aggressive. Well on a ferry cloth towel it will be some what aggressive lol

By hand I just suggest trying to cover what you got now with something like Prima amigo. Pb Black hole etc. nothing wrong with using an AIO by hand to fill the issues some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wantboost
05-05-2017, 11:06 PM
does Poorboy's Polish W/Carnauba Wax have any cut? I'm doing by hand cause that's what the person prefers

986DTM
05-05-2017, 11:20 PM
The poorboys and menzerna products you have are more or less going to act like a wax/sealant if applied by hand. And lmao who would prefer hand over a machine??!!

To give you the answer you're looking for, 3 in 1 is about a 6/10 and poorboys pwc is maybe a 3/10 in terms of cut but neither will do much by hand of course.

I wouldn't even attempt this job by hand unless you are a glutton for punishment and/or this person has very low expectations.

wantboost
05-05-2017, 11:51 PM
The poorboys and menzerna products you have are more or less going to act like a wax/sealant if applied by hand. And lmao who would prefer hand over a machine??!!

To give you the answer you're looking for, 3 in 1 is about a 6/10 and poorboys pwc is maybe a 3/10 in terms of cut but neither will do much by hand of course.

I wouldn't even attempt this job by hand unless you are a glutton for punishment and/or this person has very low expectations.
even using a yellow pad vs white with handjobber wont make a difference?

parttimer
05-09-2017, 10:20 AM
I can't imagine doing a vehicle by hand, regardless of the pad. You won't be consistent with pressure and passes. You might be better off using a filling glaze by hand and calling it a day.