PDA

View Full Version : Best glaze for darker cars

Jmbrown415
05-02-2017, 04:34 AM
Hi All,

Solid black car ( very soft paint ). As you imagine a nightmare to maintain and it’s also a daily.

I have light swirls that appear, even with safe wash practice. I use poor boys black hole which I think is amazing, the amount it covers up is ridiculously good. I have corrected the paint so the swirls that are appearing re quite light.

I love experimenting with new products, any other really good products for black/darker paint?

I usually try to apply two layers of poor boys. It’s quite time consuming but in my opinion worth it.

I generally apply a sealant over the glaze every time I wash, is there much point doing this? Or should I just apply sealant every 3 months ( generally the sealant I use lasts about 3 months )

Definitely going for silver or dark grey next time. Reflection is not comparable but so much easier to maintain.

Desertnate
05-02-2017, 08:12 AM
If you are looking for another glaze, Prima Amigo is really good.

Amigo doesn't fill quite as good as Black Hole, but it does have very mild abrasives, so it actually cleans and *slightly* corrects the paint as you go.

Applying a sealant every time you wash is really overkill. What sealant do you use which will only last three months. Many of the good ones sold here will get at least 6. When I lived in the UK (just north of Cambridge), I'd apply a coat of Klasse All in One followed up by Klasse Sealant Glaze (not a glaze, actually a really durable sealant) and it would easily get six months in your rainy damp climate.

I would suggest a couple of things.

- Look at your wash process/technique and products/tools. Even with really soft paint, you shouldn't be marring the paint that much after each wash.
- Explore using a coating rather than a sealant. They will make washing the car much easier. When your wash mitt glides over the surface and the grime comes off easily, the potential for marring is much less.
- Try out a reputable Quick Detail spray as a drying aid. I found when I gave my drying towel a mist of QD spray, and then lightly misted the pannels when drying, evething drying slid along the paint easier and there was less marring from drying.

The super soft paint on my wife's Toyota has me always looking for ways to improve maintenance and avoid the frustrations you're talking about.

FocusSTguy
05-02-2017, 08:17 PM
I like the look of CG Blacklight on my black car.

FUNX650
05-02-2017, 08:36 PM
•IMO:
Listed below is an excellent
Glaze for darker vehicles.

3M Perfect-It II Foam Polishing Pad Glaze - Dark, utilizes cutting-edge technology to polish away surface-marring problems. (http://www.autogeek.net/3mperswirmar.html)

Bob

WileEC
05-05-2017, 10:04 PM
We are a family of three black vehicles, though each is different. That said, CG Blacklight is a useful glaze that minimizes the micro stuff. Useful if you are going to follow up with a good wax for depth and protection. Though my wife's daily driver has 110K miles, it looks better than most new cars.