PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Detailing-new venture

kgilmore
05-01-2017, 06:33 PM
So, I have been looking at this site and many others as well as YouTube sites over the last few weeks. My question is have any of you started with little or no experience? Any personal stories would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

CarolinasFinestDetailing
05-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Luckily; there are q few great training programs to help you get started. Mike Phillips teaches a great one. Otherwise; practice on family members and neighbors getting down the basic techniques. Then start small and slowly add services. There are guys who only offer washes, waxes, and quick interior clean ups that do very well. And most of all....good luck!

kgilmore
05-01-2017, 06:48 PM
That has been my plan thus far...friends, family and coworkers and then go from there. Thanks for the quick response.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

bill walsh
05-01-2017, 06:54 PM
best of luck getting started

Guyb
05-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the forum! You are looking at the right forum for info. With some of the you tube sites you have to be careful as some people are not quite the experts they think. Once you purchase a buffer you can always pick up a panel at a junk yard to train on if you are not ready to touch a car. You will pick up a lot of knowledge from Mike's Autogeek videos. If you think you have found a product you want then search the forum to see what the various opinions are. Good luck on your venture.