PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Sealant

Pages : [1] 2

SATracker
05-01-2017, 09:00 AM
It's that time of the year for me, the annual total detail of the family cars; first off- 2015 Silver Toyota Tacoma. The process I use is wash, clay, Iron-X, Pinnacle Paint Cleansing, Car Pro Eraser, Klasse Sealant Glaze. (I use Pinnacle Paint Cleansing because the paint is in very good shape, a couple of areas will need Meguiar's 205.)
KSG is notorious for being difficult to work with. I think it's weather sensitive. Currently in San Antonio the nights are cool and KSG goes on & comes off. In mid-July when the night time temps & humidity are high- KSG goes on and is brutal to remove. The beauty of KSG, I applied the first coat and the next day had 5 bird droppings on it. When I went to remove them, four of them slid right off- the 5th one took very little work. The process for using KSG I learned from this forum: wet applicator pad, spray on KSG, spread, wipe off. I want to say I learned this from, Klasse Act.
Anyway, great product.

Route246
05-01-2017, 10:59 AM
It's that time of the year for me, the annual total detail of the family cars; first off- 2015 Silver Toyota Tacoma. The process I use is wash, clay, Iron-X, Pinnacle Paint Cleansing, Car Pro Eraser, Klasse Sealant Glaze. (I use Pinnacle Paint Cleansing because the paint is in very good shape, a couple of areas will need Meguiar's 205.)
KSG is notorious for being difficult to work with. I think it's weather sensitive. Currently in San Antonio the nights are cool and KSG goes on & comes off. In mid-July when the night time temps & humidity are high- KSG goes on and is brutal to remove. The beauty of KSG, I applied the first coat and the next day had 5 bird droppings on it. When I went to remove them, four of them slid right off- the 5th one took very little work. The process for using KSG I learned from this forum: wet applicator pad, spray on KSG, spread, wipe off. I want to say I learned this from, Klasse Act.
Anyway, great product.

Question and comment.

Did you do everything by hand?

The comment about Klasse being notoriously difficult to work with is interesting. Here in NorCal we have very mild weather with no high humidity issues and it seems like I have always had issues with the sealer and cleaner, regardless of the weather conditions. Perhaps I should try it at night, unfortunately it would be difficult to see that well where I am so I always applied it in my shaded driveway. There are plenty of people here who have said positive things about it but yours is one of the first I've seen with a positive experience, vs positive sentiment.

SATracker
05-01-2017, 04:36 PM
The Pinnacle Paint Cleansing & Meguiars will be done with Flex 3401 with Lake Country white pad. The KSG is put on by hand. I apply KSG in the late evening, it's still light outside but I installed a massive lighting system in my garage that allows me to work later... and inevitably I miss a spot.

Route246
05-01-2017, 08:18 PM
The Pinnacle Paint Cleansing & Meguiars will be done with Flex 3401 with Lake Country white pad. The KSG is put on by hand. I apply KSG in the late evening, it's still light outside but I installed a massive lighting system in my garage that allows me to work later... and inevitably I miss a spot.

Regardless of lighting I always find it difficult to get the sides done without leaving splotches here and there. There is no substitute for natural indirect sunlight to catch all of the sides.

derass
05-01-2017, 10:21 PM
I have found that or some reason the 2nd coat becomes more difficult to remove. But when that happens, I just use detail spray to tackle any stubborn spots.

SATracker
05-02-2017, 08:14 AM
I use water or, sometimes, ONR to remove the more stubborn spots where the KSG seems glued on. For whatever reason, it's seems easier to use when the temps are cooler. I put KSG away when the evening temps and humidity are high. I made an "emergency bag" years ago that has ONR, distilled water, interior cleaner, spray wax and a handful of microfiber towels. When I'm out in the bright sun and I see a spot that was missed or I see some dust collecting inside, I get the product that I need to clean the spot. Unfortunately, I did not have it when the first set of bird bombs hit. It's back in the truck now.

Setec Astronomy
05-02-2017, 08:44 AM
The comment about Klasse being notoriously difficult to work with is interesting.

I think that's a bit of a red herring. There are many products that are difficult to work with--try putting on too much 476S, too much coating, using too much M105. Beginnners tend to use too much product, and when you combine a product that is difficult if you use too much with a beginner...then you usually have problems.

Route246
05-02-2017, 11:01 AM
I think that's a bit of a red herring. There are many products that are difficult to work with--try putting on too much 476S, too much coating, using too much M105. Beginnners tend to use too much product, and when you combine a product that is difficult if you use too much with a beginner...then you usually have problems.

Interesting you mention 476. I have recent experience with both Klasse and 476. I did put too much 476 on a section of my roof and noticed it was a bit sticky to remove but nothing like the grief from Klasse. The 476 required a few units of elbow grease while an equivalent overage of Klasse is often untenable and not actionable in terms of getting it off. The suggestions to use a quick detailer might be very helpful. I will try that this weekend with Klasse and see if it helps. My guess is that it will help to dissolve and clarify whatever Klasse is doing.

Setec Astronomy
05-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Well, you're right, when recently applied, SG certainly can be more difficult than 476 to remove. The Klasse products are certainly finicky, it's easy to use too much, but now that everybody is using coatings, that's really the same thing, or worse.

I guess because of the "forum favorite" kits, beginners still are drawn to the Klasse products. As we keep saying, they are good products, it's just that there are much less finicky products that beginners could pick.

Klasse Act
05-02-2017, 11:31 AM
PLEASE...drop me a PM for the proper technique for applying/removing KSG....PLEASE!

It's VERY easy to work with when you know how 💡

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Route246
05-02-2017, 09:34 PM
PLEASE...drop me a PM for the proper technique for applying/removing KSG....PLEASE!

It's VERY easy to work with when you know how [emoji362]

It's not documented here in the forums? Just spill the beans here if you have secrets to divulge to make this product usable and acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bill110
05-03-2017, 05:01 AM
It's not documented here in the forums? Just spill the beans here if you have secrets to divulge to make this product usable and acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/76738-klasse-high-gloss-sealant-glaze.html
See post 5

Klasse Act
05-03-2017, 06:57 AM
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/76738-klasse-high-gloss-sealant-glaze.html
See post 5

Thanks Bill, its the 5th post down FYI, so not a lot of searching the thread. If there's any further questions, feel free to contact me. I was told how to use it by the company I used to buy my products from back in 2005 or 2006 and it flat out nets results!

Route246
05-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Thanks Bill, its the 5th post down FYI, so not a lot of searching the thread. If there's any further questions, feel free to contact me. I was told how to use it by the company I used to buy my products from back in 2005 or 2006 and it flat out nets results!

This sounds simple. I will look for a small spray bottle and try this method. It seems like the method to the madness is in the poor packaging decision, at least with my bottle which has a hard nylon cap with a small hole in the center. This packaging seems in invite misuse, suboptimal application and contributes to the bad karma. No other product I've used seems this finicky.

Klasse Act
05-03-2017, 10:41 AM
KSG will be life changing once you use my method (well, maybe not life changing, LOL) The 2nd coat 12 hrs later is key, makes that paint POP!!