PDA

View Full Version : 3" pads with PC7424XP stalling

robwoodgto
04-30-2017, 08:54 PM
I was using 3" GG orange polishing pads with M105 and LC white thin pro pads with M205 today and noticed that on the curvy part of my MDX by the rear tail lights my PC would stall at spinning until I adjusted my angle and then at times that did not seem to help much. I could have pulled out my pneumatic rotary but I would like to try and finish this out with the PC. Can anyone provide some pointers or suggestions to help me overcome this stalling issue. I could understand if this was a VW Bug or some other really curvy vehicle but my MDX does not seem to me to be that curvy.

Thanks,
Ron

Kamakaz1961
04-30-2017, 09:08 PM
I use the PC7424XP all the time with a 3" or 4" Pad. I know what you mean about the stalling. My guess you have put a stripe (if you haven't) on the BP to see the spinning of the BP. I have learned to lighten up the pressure a bit until the BP starts spinning again. Additionally, I use speed setting 5 when I am correcting/polishing. When it comes to curved panels I just follow the curve. I will spritz the pad on occasion to keep the pad from drying which also helps a little with the spinning. I hope my pointers have helped a little!

BTW, I have realized that I try to let the product do it's magic than just trying to force it. I use Menzerna FG400 and SF4500. You Megs 105/205 is a great combo too!