PDA

View Full Version : Correcting pad for Griot's 6 inch

Pages : [1] 2

AstonSenna
04-30-2017, 06:42 PM
I bought my GG6 a month ago from AG with three LC CCS pads, blue white and orange. The orange is a light correcting pad so I was thinking adding something more powerful to use for harsher imperfections and to use with compound. What would be a good pad to add? I'm seeing a yellow LC CCS pads, cyan hydro tech cutting, also a grey forced hybrid pad. Or would it be better off with a Griot's 6" microfiber cutting pad?

Thank you!

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

AZpolisher15
04-30-2017, 07:07 PM
I've had good luck with the white.
I've read of others having good luck with the microfiber.
Griots Garage 5.5 inch BOSS Foam and Microfiber Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-boss-5-inch-pads.html)

robwoodgto
04-30-2017, 08:33 PM
I will be using the Hydro Tech Cyan pads tomorrow to compare against the Meguiars mf pad and the Orange Thin Pro pad I used today on my black MDX. I have already completed one side today with M105 using my PC7424XP and orange Thin Pro and Meguiars mf pads and found the mf pads to provide better results prior to applying M205 with a LC Thin Pro white pad. It could also be my technique but we will see. I am hoping the Cyan pads with M105 will reduce my time over the orange pads since I will be following up with M205 anyway. I would just finish tomorrow with the mf pads but I have the cyan's and want to test them out.
Ron

AstonSenna
05-01-2017, 12:01 PM
I will be using the Hydro Tech Cyan pads tomorrow to compare against the Meguiars mf pad and the Orange Thin Pro pad I used today on my black MDX. I have already completed one side today with M105 using my PC7424XP and orange Thin Pro and Meguiars mf pads and found the mf pads to provide better results prior to applying M205 with a LC Thin Pro white pad. It could also be my technique but we will see. I am hoping the Cyan pads with M105 will reduce my time over the orange pads since I will be following up with M205 anyway. I would just finish tomorrow with the mf pads but I have the cyan's and want to test them out.
Ron

Yes please let me know how they do!
Because to me it seems the cyan should a good bit of cut to it

robwoodgto
05-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Yes please let me know how they do!
Because to me it seems the cyan should a good bit of cut to it

In my opinion orange thin pro provided great results with less stress to the pad. My cyan pad after three (two doors and rear passenger side panel) panels has started to shed foam, while the orange thin pro has as well but after 6-8 panels. It just seems as if there is and will continue to be less surface area on the cyan as compared to the orange. May not be much but I am of the belief that every little bit helps. Looks like I will continue to purchase the thin pro but am also looking at purchasing some Buff and Shine flat pads to try next.
Ron

bryanviper
05-01-2017, 03:57 PM
I like 3D Products Spider Pads. Very good and prices is good also. Use it on my 6" GG polisher.

Cruzscarwash
05-01-2017, 04:02 PM
remember as mike says thin is in!!, I love using the boss MF pads on my GG6 they correct anything you throw at them plus they finish off really well when used with a good product media like the BOSS creams

JustJesus
05-01-2017, 04:07 PM
and it might be in my head, but I feel the BOSS pads, on the newer 5" BP from Griots, makes for a smoother feel.

Austin
05-01-2017, 04:12 PM
MF Boss pads are my go to for correction as well.

robwoodgto
05-01-2017, 04:20 PM
remember as mike says thin is in!!, I love using the boss MF pads on my GG6 they correct anything you throw at them plus they finish off really well when used with a good product media like the BOSS creams

Using Meguiars MF pads has provided better "faster" results for me so far but I continue to try different foam pads just to see. I am using M105/M205 religiously though but will move outside of the Meguiars line eventually. I just do not want to jump from one thing to another until I have been able to get comfortable with a product line and method of application, thereby affording me the opportunity to make an informed decision as to a proven product line and method for me in the future.

Ron

Cruzscarwash
05-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Using Meguiars MF pads has provided better "faster" results for me so far but I continue to try different foam pads just to see. I am using M105/M205 religiously though but will move outside of the Meguiars line eventually. I just do not want to jump from one thing to another until I have been able to get comfortable with a product line and method of application, thereby affording me the opportunity to make an informed decision as to a proven product line and method for me in the future.

Ron

ive been using the megs 105/205 system with my boss pads fro the last few cars as well and im thinking of going the gallon route of them but have been wondering if it would be worth the extra 40 buck so to get the boss creams instead.

robwoodgto
05-01-2017, 04:48 PM
ive been using the megs 105/205 system with my boss pads fro the last few cars as well and im thinking of going the gallon route of them but have been wondering if it would be worth the extra 40 buck so to get the boss creams instead.

Boss creams are next on my list to try out. Marc08EX did a review on them and they look promising. Unfortunately or fortunately however anyone sees it M105/M205 works and is relatively inexpensive. The dusting with M105 is definitely an issue but after polishing I always plan on washing the car anyway. After using both products today on just one side of the MDX it seemed like I had visited the desert today.
Ron

Cruzscarwash
05-01-2017, 05:08 PM
I was for a while mixing 105 with other Polishes to reduce the dusting and it did work fairly well but never found a combo I enjoyed enough

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

AstonSenna
05-01-2017, 05:38 PM
I think I'll be purchasing today boss fast correcting cream, finishing sealant and a 6" boss MF for my GG6. I think that'll be perfect for doing my couple friends c5 Corvettes as from reading I understand Vette paint is on harder side

Cruzscarwash
05-01-2017, 06:12 PM
The finishing sealant is very nice, finishes well and leaves behind decent protection. Actually it's time for me weekly (overdue) durability update on it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk