PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on a onestep detail job

RPDAZ
04-30-2017, 11:28 AM
The backstory. This is a client of mine who I've just did a three step paint correction on his vehicle about a 4 months ago. He made the mistake of taking the vehicle into the dealership who out of courtesy washes the vehicles down for their customers.Well due to this they completely swirled up the vehicle because of them doing do. It's not as bad as it was the first I worked on the vehicle but enough where my client noticed the difference. He's asking for me to clean it up and remove the Swirls and Holograms. Due to the situation being that the car was just done little over three months ago what would be a fair price to fix this problem. All thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

custmsprty
04-30-2017, 12:10 PM
HD Speed Orange Buff and Shine Pad. 3-4 hours max. $200.00

RiKo
04-30-2017, 02:13 PM
Also love HD speed. exterior only ill charge about 150 for a 4 door car. wash, clay, hd speed with orange pad. maybe hd cut if needed on spots.
now i see i might have to step up my price ;). good post

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

miniSguy
04-30-2017, 02:38 PM

Agree. Even though you just did the vehicle, you have to do a fair amount of work. Since it seems your customer realizes the value of your work, i think this is fair. If you want to add a little extra, maybe to a quick cosmetic detail on the engine for free. Probably take only 15 minutes or so.

RPDAZ
05-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Agree. Even though you just did the vehicle, you have to do a fair amount of work. Since it seems your customer realizes the value of your work, i think this is fair. If you want to add a little extra, maybe to a quick cosmetic detail on the engine for free. Probably take only 15 minutes or so.
Good I idea.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Eldorado2k
05-01-2017, 12:48 AM

Do you vacuum the interior or is that strictly exterior job?
I've heard you say that you don't clay the vehicle unless the customer requests it, even before polishing. So if the customer wants their vehicle clayed before the 1 step, it'll be more than $200?

TTQ B4U
05-01-2017, 07:35 AM
The backstory. This is a client of mine who I've just did a three step paint correction on his vehicle about a 4 months ago. He made the mistake of taking the vehicle into the dealership who out of courtesy washes the vehicles down for their customers.Well due to this they completely swirled up the vehicle because of them doing do. It's not as bad as it was the first I worked on the vehicle but enough where my client noticed the difference. He's asking for me to clean it up and remove the Swirls and Holograms. Due to the situation being that the car was just done little over three months ago what would be a fair price to fix this problem. All thoughts and opinions are welcome.

I would honestly price it as you normally would for it's condition and then perhaps make a slight concession due to a repeat customer. That's your call.

expdetailing
05-01-2017, 07:59 AM
If I paid for a new roof, then a tornado came through and ripped shingles off to the point the roof needed replacement again, do you think the roofer would give me a break on the price? Probably not.
If yes, then not much, I'd think. As a customer, I wouldn't expect one.
Just because you are self employed, don't assume you operate differently than companies regarding financial charges just because you can.

KMG
05-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Sounds like you client needs to go in and hash it out with the dealer and try and get them to pay to fix the damage they caused. As others have said I wouldn't really discount the work much if at all, as this isn't something you caused. You should be able to judge how quickly you can complete this job, and like others mentioned maybe just throw in something simple to complete for free.

Paul A.
05-01-2017, 09:13 AM
All of my work is based on an hourly rate. I like that because it keeps it simple. If i just spent maybe 8-10 hours on a customer's vehicle a few weeks ago, he paid that. If that customer then got hacked by a dealer and comes back to restore what he had it shouldn't take as long and thus he'll pay less. But he's paying me my hourly rate...both times.

Now as far as going back to the dealer and getting some compensation for the damage they did? Good luck but get it in cash or check. I wouldn't trust them to fix it anywhwere close to what he had after I did it 3 weeks ago.

Cruzscarwash
05-01-2017, 10:24 AM
my AIO prices start at $200 with no interior included. If I clean up and am still waiting around I might do a quick vac to pass the time but nothing over the top.

custmsprty
05-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Do you vacuum the interior or is that strictly exterior job?
I've heard you say that you don't clay the vehicle unless the customer requests it, even before polishing. So if the customer wants their vehicle clayed before the 1 step, it'll be more than $200?

Vacuum, what's that?

Eldorado2k
05-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Vacuum, what's that?

Ok no vacuum, but what about the clay?

Calendyr
05-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Dealers are the worst. I brought my car in last year for the 6 month maintenance (oil change and inspection basically). The tech scratched the badge on the steering wheel. I don't know how he did it, probably put a diagnostic tool on the steering wheel or something. He also put dirt at several places inside the car. So last month when I went in for the maintenance I mentioned to the service writer that they scratched my badge, she did not offer to do anything about it. I asked her to write down to be careful about the dirt this time around. So when I picked up my car, dirt on the front passenger seat (lots of it), on the backseat (I had put a bed sheet there to protect the seats thankfully) and all over the backseat door on the driver side. It might be the last time I go to this dealership, the problem is that the next place I go will probably be just as bad. A shame really ;(