PDA

View Full Version : Top sealant with reload?

Coopers ST
04-30-2017, 09:16 AM
Can a sealant like Wolfgang be topped with a product like reload for some extra longevity? Just wondering if reload will bond to a sealant.

MarkD51
04-30-2017, 09:36 AM
Never did a side by side of Reload versus any Wolfgang goodies to comment.

I'd say such wouldn't hurt anything, and you have perhaps the convenience of a spray, and not some wipe on-wipe off product.

About the only downsides that some might mention might be the cost of Reload, versus lesser products which could be used to perhaps some similar effect. Something DG Aquawax? There's tons to choose from.

Reload is basically said to be a sealant itself.

Coopers ST
04-30-2017, 09:51 AM
I was given some reload free to try, just don't have a coated vehicle to try it on.

supercharged75
04-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Don't need a coated vehicle. It can go over the paint as a normal sealant.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Technically; Reload is designed to bond to bare paint or a CQuartz coating. Will it bond to the Wolfgang? Possibly. How long ill it stay? Unknown. I would ensure the Wolfgang has had time to cure at least a week before applying Reload over it. Reload also does awesome on glass and wheels fyi.

Coopers ST
04-30-2017, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys. I was thinking of using it a few months after Wolfgang to maybe get till fall with it.

Thanks

JeffW
02-22-2018, 11:24 AM
Any additional experience with Reload over Wolfgang sealant? I'm really intrigued with Reload and looking for an excuse to get a bottle, but want to see what people's experiences have been with it over Wolfgang and UPP.

Thanks for any input.

Rsurfer
02-22-2018, 01:41 PM
I was given some reload free to try, just don't have a coated vehicle to try it on.

Just wait till you strip off the existing sealant and then try Reload. An SiO2 sealant over a polymer sealant doesn't appeal too me.

Ochnob
02-22-2018, 05:48 PM
I doubt it. Strip the sealant first. Or if you really want good beading top it with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. That should do fine over a sealant.

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

MarkD51
02-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Just wait till you strip off the existing sealant and then try Reload. An SiO2 sealant over a polymer sealant doesn't appeal too me.

Carpro makes great stuff, but I have been disappointed with two products in more recent times.

Reload, I don't think I'll buy again, unless another better newfangled formula comes along.

And Reset, my sample, a large litre bottle I now have on hand left a crapload of hazy films all over my truck that worked me unecessarily the few times I used it and I did adhere to strict mix ratios. I stopped using both now altogether. Went back to Duragloss Shampoo since.

Just two days ago, I washed and topped my truck with UPGP over CQ UK and got very beautiful looking end results. As far as longevity and in comparison to Reload, I cannot say yet, but I was disappointed with the last two versions. This last version lost water repellency and zero beading after a few weeks with no washing. It looked to me that it wasn't playing well.