PDA

View Full Version : Carpet stains after cleaning

Sstcuda
04-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Today I shampooed the mats in my daily driver, the first time in 2 years. I vacuum them all the time and keep them as clean as possibly. It is a ram with rugs not plastic mats and I'm in the northeast so salt is an issue. It was also the first time I tried the tornador and I was very impressed in how well it works.

The method i used was good vaccuum, followed by stiff brush and vacuum again, then sprayed CG rug shampoo on the mats and worked in with a good brush. After that I used plain water in the tornador to push out the dirt and shampoo, after doing the whole mat I went back over it using only air to blow more junk out. I placed them in the sun to dry and then noticed they appeared to dry with a white or gray stain to them. So my question is, is it possible that was road salt reactivating or was it residue from the shampoo.

Thanks in advance.

Eldorado2k
04-29-2017, 11:24 PM
What color are they? Pictures, especially before/afters would really be great here..

Audios S6
04-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Need pics, but one of your guesses is likely right and I'm thinking shampoo residue. Haven't used CG's, but any carpet shampoo really should be extracted/vac'd out or at a minimum, flushed if they are mats

Eldorado2k
04-30-2017, 12:08 AM
Need pics, but one of your guesses is likely right and I'm thinking shampoo residue. Haven't used CG's, but any carpet shampoo really should be extracted/vac'd out or at a minimum, flushed if they are mats

That was my 1st thought. Especially being so easy to do, with matts being so small. It's a piece of cake + super fast to knock out the old fashioned way. Elbow grease.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170430/1b7ac61eac0257f2b4c9612291d091e7.jpg

Don't need no fancy equipment for dirty matts...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170430/b190a70b9dc1f06316935b94f45490f1.jpg

compassphoenix
06-06-2017, 11:21 PM
My suggestion is to try bonnet cleaning or extraction which completely removes the black marks.

GSKR
06-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Today I shampooed the mats in my daily driver, the first time in 2 years. I vacuum them all the time and keep them as clean as possibly. It is a ram with rugs not plastic mats and I'm in the northeast so salt is an issue. It was also the first time I tried the tornador and I was very impressed in how well it works.

The method i used was good vaccuum, followed by stiff brush and vacuum again, then sprayed CG rug shampoo on the mats and worked in with a good brush. After that I used plain water in the tornador to push out the dirt and shampoo, after doing the whole mat I went back over it using only air to blow more junk out. I placed them in the sun to dry and then noticed they appeared to dry with a white or gray stain to them. So my question is, is it possible that was road salt reactivating or was it residue from the shampoo.

Thanks in advance.
Here's a tip when fully dry put some lacquer thinner on a rag and problem solved.

GSKR
06-07-2017, 06:41 AM
That was my 1st thought. Especially being so easy to do, with matts being so small. It's a piece of cake + super fast to knock out the old fashioned way. Elbow grease.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170430/1b7ac61eac0257f2b4c9612291d091e7.jpg

Don't need no fancy equipment for dirty matts...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170430/b190a70b9dc1f06316935b94f45490f1.jpgThe after shot shows a lot of dirt still in fibers. So it wicks when drying. Either dry clean it with lacquer thinner or blast that dirt out with a pressure washer.

GSKR
06-07-2017, 06:49 AM
Buy a can of foam spray let it dwell for 30minutes then scrub it and pw wash it. No access to pw use a hose and scrub and rinse at the same time. Then take a spackle knife which is 5 dollars.and squeeze and force the water out. Start at. The top of. Mat. And. Push with force. To get the water out. The worst mats. Ever to clean are Lexus mats. Especially the ES model.

GSKR
06-07-2017, 06:53 AM
My suggestion is to try bonnet cleaning or extraction which completely removes the black marks.

Even with a extractor. Major. Improvements but still not perfect. Good. Ole. Scrubbing will do.

Eldorado2k
06-08-2017, 12:08 AM
The after shot shows a lot of dirt still in fibers. So it wicks when drying. Either dry clean it with lacquer thinner or blast that dirt out with a pressure washer.

I wouldn't necessarily call that wicking since I took the pic immediately after I was done. It's the drivers side matt in my daily driver, so I don't strive for perfection when I clean it because it's going to get dirty again:)