PDA

View Full Version : Starting my business!

DyVillian
04-29-2017, 01:52 PM
So, I'm taking the big leap and investing in a mobile detailing service for myself. I'd love some thoughts on the products and any suggestions for anything else I may need.

chevy express 2500 van
100 gallon tank
electric power washer( or should i go to gas?)
gas generator
foam cannon
spotless water filter
mini shop vac wet n dry

Buffer: starting off with the porter cable I have, but flex is coming soon.

pads: LC orange, white, and a red pad for waxing

Brushes: Rubber pet brush, low pro tire brush, boar hair brush, speed master wheel brush, clean vent kit, and natural horse hair brush for interior.

Wheels: Meguiars 62 shampoo and conditioner, griots garage wheel cleaner, meguiars APC d103, meg tire shine
Car plastics: meguiars glaze 17 and 10,
Car paint: meguiars 62 through foam cannon, meguiars mirror #6 AIO
headlights if needed: mckees37 headlight protectant... polish with m105 and m205 to remove oxidation???
glass:stoners glass cleaner
interior: meguiars APC d103, mckees 37 interior protectant, what would you guys recommend for a leather conditioner that wont break the bank until I get going.

Paint correction: m105, XMT fine swirl remover, griots garage complete compound, XMT glaze, mothers synthetic wax, mothers top coat..... this will be for the higher end stuff where ill invest in Black fires sealant and wax soon.

Big order coming to autogeek soon, but I'm super excited to take this step in my life.

Pineapple Larry
04-29-2017, 07:15 PM
I have nothing constructive to tell you except for Good luck.

bill walsh
04-29-2017, 07:57 PM
good luck with new business

Firehouse Mike
04-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Looks like a good start for sure. I use my electric PW 99% of the time. It's a 1700 psi and does a fine job. As far as leather conditioner I use mostly Griots 3-1 Cleaner / Conditioner. Fairly inexpensive (12.99 22oz) and does a great job. For the best bang for the buck take a good look at Megs Detailer Line. I still use quite a bit of product from them and the D180 Leather Cleaner / Conditioner does a decent job, smells great and a gallon will last an LOOONG time. Best of luck, market yourself and what sets you apart from the other guys, be professional ALL THE TIME! Get and study How to Start a Home-based Car Detailing Business, car detailing book, best auto detailing books (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autogeek.net%2Fcar-detailing-book.html) and any of Mike Phillis' books.

Mike

Sicoupe
04-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Good luck with your new job my friend!

DETAILROOKIE
04-29-2017, 11:04 PM
So, I'm taking the big leap and investing in a mobile detailing service for myself. I'd love some thoughts on the products and any suggestions for anything else I may need.

chevy express 2500 van
100 gallon tank
electric power washer( or should i go to gas?)
gas generator
foam cannon
spotless water filter
mini shop vac wet n dry

Buffer: starting off with the porter cable I have, but flex is coming soon.

pads: LC orange, white, and a red pad for waxing

Brushes: Rubber pet brush, low pro tire brush, boar hair brush, speed master wheel brush, clean vent kit, and natural horse hair brush for interior.

Wheels: Meguiars 62 shampoo and conditioner, griots garage wheel cleaner, meguiars APC d103, meg tire shine
Car plastics: meguiars glaze 17 and 10,
Car paint: meguiars 62 through foam cannon, meguiars mirror #6 AIO
headlights if needed: mckees37 headlight protectant... polish with m105 and m205 to remove oxidation???
glass:stoners glass cleaner
interior: meguiars APC d103, mckees 37 interior protectant, what would you guys recommend for a leather conditioner that wont break the bank until I get going.

Paint correction: m105, XMT fine swirl remover, griots garage complete compound, XMT glaze, mothers synthetic wax, mothers top coat..... this will be for the higher end stuff where ill invest in Black fires sealant and wax soon.

Big order coming to autogeek soon, but I'm super excited to take this step in my life.
Good luck with the new business! I have recently taken the same leap. As for the leather, I use mothers leather cream and foam clean. Love it and it smells nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DyVillian
04-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Appreciate it guys! I wish detail rookie a good luck as well! Ill post up my paint correction on the porsche im doing here in a few weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)