PDA

View Full Version : Buffing trails

blackinnova
04-28-2017, 08:44 AM
Hei guys, i really need your help, so i've been using dual action + menz Pg1000 + MF cutting pad

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170428/549377357c01262a78630b360923aaee.jpg

and leave this much buffing trails, what should i do?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Is that before or after wipeoff?

Paul A.
04-28-2017, 08:58 AM
Good question by setec. If you have wiped off, those are the fine scratches left from the compound and pad. No worries and I've gotten them before. The trick now is to remove them with a softer pad and a finishing, finer polish.

What do you have for finishing polish and finishing foam pads?

blackinnova
04-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Good question by setec. If you have wiped off, those are the fine scratches left from the compound and pad. No worries and I've gotten them before. The trick now is to remove them with a softer pad and a finishing, finer polish.

What do you have for finishing polish and finishing foam pads?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170428/d702c6a208141c8773ed726f3baca65e.jpg

Sorry, it was after the wipe down, and very hard to wipe also, so this is after the menz PF2500, with MF finishing pad

Is it ok? Sorry because this is my first time polishing + using a DA

Thanks

Paul A.
04-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Do you have any foam pads and/or anything less abrasive than Menz 2500? Menz 2500 could do the trick but with a fine finishing foam pad. Although, that does look like an improvement.

blackinnova
04-28-2017, 10:29 AM
Do you have any foam pads and/or anything less abrasive than Menz 2500? Menz 2500 could do the trick but with a fine finishing foam pad. Although, that does look like an improvement.

I have a PP ultra, do i need to wait it until it's cured or just wipe if off right after buffing with finishing pad + DA?

Thanks

Paul A.
04-28-2017, 10:34 AM
No, there is no curing function at all with it (1000 or 2500). Wipe off as soon as your done with your section passes and inspect the paint clean.

sorry but I don't know what PP Ultra is. Go you have any white, black, blue foam pads?

Paul A.
04-28-2017, 10:45 AM
I just read the technical description of Menz PP Ultra and it reads somewhat like an all-in-one type of product i.e. a polish and a sealant. That might work but I'm not familiar with it. My key would be to attempt to finesse it with a softer foam pad. What is the make and model of the vehicle?

I will add that the Ultra may, in fact, have a "curing set up" function as it states a sealant component. In that case, buff the entire car with Ultra but don't wipe it off after each section...wait til you've done the whole car then go back to where you started and begin gently buffing it off with a clean MF towel.

I will say though that you made a huge improvement from the first pic to the second. You're heading in the right direction.

blackinnova
04-28-2017, 04:02 PM
I just read the technical description of Menz PP Ultra and it reads somewhat like an all-in-one type of product i.e. a polish and a sealant. That might work but I'm not familiar with it. My key would be to attempt to finesse it with a softer foam pad. What is the make and model of the vehicle?

I will add that the Ultra may, in fact, have a "curing set up" function as it states a sealant component. In that case, buff the entire car with Ultra but don't wipe it off after each section...wait til you've done the whole car then go back to where you started and begin gently buffing it off with a clean MF towel.

I will say though that you made a huge improvement from the first pic to the second. You're heading in the right direction.

Sorry for my late reply, thanks so much for checking that up for me, yes PP ultra is some kind of sealant + polish function, what i've done today is do 3 step (compound + polish + finishing with PP Ultra) on both panel (3 step directly each sections, not doing whole panel first, is it the correct way to do it?) so i would want to let it cured first (the PP Ultra)? Because what i see is when i wiped the PP ultra right after buffing, it wont gloss enough (not any different compared after polishing with 2500, only made it clearer, like this picture bellow)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170428/db94e2c841e4c1d513fd1f981fd75046.jpg

Did i've done something wrong? Or sealant wasn't meant to be glossy? I've done 2 doors for 5 hours maybe. LOL. It's already 4 am here in Indonesia, so i decided to stop and continue tomorrow

My car make is Toyota, and the model is Innova (MPV), have some RIDS, but no help using the PG1000 with MF cutting pad powered by DA, only made the paint smoother but doesn't eliminate the scratches

Sorry for long post and many questions, because i feel like needing guides

Thanks so much. Cheers

JimmyH5
04-28-2017, 06:27 PM
It definitely looks better than 1st go around. I would be inclined to think the Toyota paint would be on the soft side. It seems the consensus would be to use a foam finishing pad when finishing that paint... have only used foam myself on soft paint with very good results. It was stated that the sealant in the polish probably needs to set up - left to bond/adhere to the paint before wipe off... unless stated otherwise by the manufacturer.
I.E. follow the advice of Paul A.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Do not use a MF pad to finish soft black paint. I REALLY like using Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine polish and a Scholl Orange Fine Cut pad to finish light marring on soft black paint.

blackinnova
04-29-2017, 01:23 AM
It definitely looks better than 1st go around. I would be inclined to think the Toyota paint would be on the soft side. It seems the consensus would be to use a foam finishing pad when finishing that paint... have only used foam myself on soft paint with very good results. It was stated that the sealant in the polish probably needs to set up - left to bond/adhere to the paint before wipe off... unless stated otherwise by the manufacturer.
I.E. follow the advice of Paul A.

Thanks for your reply, yes i'm using LC ultra fine finishing red foam for the PP ultra, but wiped it off directly after buffing (not letting the product cured) so i guess i will try to let them cured first for the other panels.

Cheers

blackinnova
04-29-2017, 01:25 AM
Do not use a MF pad to finish soft black paint. I REALLY like using Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine polish and a Scholl Orange Fine Cut pad to finish light marring on soft black paint.

Yes i'm not using MF pad for finishing, just for the step 2: polishing with menz PF2500, but for the PP ultra i used LC thin pro ultra fine finishing red pad

Thanks for your answer
Cheers

GSKR
04-29-2017, 06:42 AM
Without all the confusion.Carpro essence with a orange foam or micropad will remove that in one easy step.If you want to refine it even more bu the car pro gloss pad.