PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Black Truck detailing ideas?

xxnonamexx
04-27-2017, 09:07 PM
I just picked up a brand new just hours old Black Jeep Cherokee and its a lease but I want to at least give it a wax at the first needed wash. My question is since I was against the color black what is a good idea to help protect it before it swirls as I noticed alot of black cars have micro swirls over time. Thanks

Heisenberg
04-27-2017, 10:15 PM
Any quality wax or sealant would work - there are plenty sold here. Hard to narrow it down but I think Blackfire Wet Diamond is the easiest product to apply that's out there. What you really want to do though, is to focus on your washing and drying technique. That is what primarily causes the micro swirls over time.

I would look into paint coatings a bit, as they offer the most ease of maintenance when it comes to washing/drying, IMO.

Mike Phillips
05-01-2017, 06:55 AM
I just picked up a brand new just hours old Black Jeep Cherokee and its a lease but I want to at least give it a wax at the first needed wash.

My question is since I was against the color black what is a good idea to help protect it before it swirls as I noticed alot of black cars have micro swirls over time. Thanks

I'd say that the best thing you could do to avoid swirls in a black paint job would be two things,

1: No mater what you use to protect the paint learn how to wash the car carefully.

2: Instead of using a wax or synthetic paint sealant, use a ceramic paint coating. The easiest paint coating to use is the McKee's 37 paint coating. It also imparts a slick or slippery feel whiel some coatings impart a rubbery feel. I'd go with slippery over rubbery any day.

Click the link below and read my article on how to carefully wash a car. While the title implies these techniques and tools are for ceramic coated cars the tips, tools and techniques will work on ANY car with any type of protection product. The BIG PICTURE being to pay attention to how you TOUCH the paint.

How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/103632-how-wash-coated-car-gentle-approach-washing-car-mike-phillips.html)

Hope that helps.

P.S.

I keep our MB coated with Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating. It too imparts a slippery feel to the paint.

:)